AndrewR's 1/72 Revell P-51B/C - Tex Hill

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The backing stub is as far into the fuselage slot as it will go, so they've been engineered to look like that !! I stuck them in with CA, so levering them out might be a tad tricky. I think I'll have to leave them on this build.
I want to do another P51b anyhow, so I'll put this down to experience. :)

Cheers

Andrew

I found that the kit came with two sets of exhaust stubs. I tried to fit the other ones, which look better than the first set. However they were an abysmal fit into the slots in the fuselage. I did managed to get the old stubs out. Fortunately I was sparing in my application of CA glue :)

So there we are. The canopy framing has been painted, rubbed with a cocktail stick and repainted. It's still not quite complete.

IMG_4058R.jpg

I had to run Microcrystal Clear around the whole rim of the canopy. It really did not fit well at any point. There are probably still a few white blobs in the pictures, as it hasn't dried yet.

IMG_4057R.jpg

The decals on the prop blades still need to be put on, and there's the aerial and pitot tube too.

IMG_4056R.jpg

Almost done... 8)

Looking good Andrew. You might find that the backing tab on the original exhausts may have needed filing down a bit for a better fit, but the shrouded exhausts look good anyway.

Finally finished.

IMG_4251R.jpg

The aerial is a strand of my hair. I had my hair cut last week. It's a good job this isn't 1/48 scale. :)

IMG_4252R.jpg

IMG_4253R.jpg

IMG_4254R.jpg

Next time I'm going to use a lighter shade of grey on a 1/72 scale model. But this won't be seen much, as it will be on a stand (eventually).

IMG_4255R.jpg

IMG_4256R.jpg

Thanks to everyone for the comments and encouragement, the support was greatly appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back