Anne Frank seen in a window during wedding in Amsterdam

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

According to her biography, she lived in that building between 1934 and 1942.

It is surprising that this movie survived not only the passage of time, but the war itself.

I agree that it is amazing that the video of her exists at all.
I have to be one of the ten people on the planet who have not read her biography.

I just found out that the video was taken July 22, 1941.
The Anne Frank Museum has a youtube channel for her.
YouTube - AnneFrank's Channel
July 22 1941. The girl next door is getting married. Anne Frank is leaning out of the window of her house in Amsterdam to get a good look at the bride and groom. It is the only time Anne Frank has ever been captured on film. At the time of her wedding, the bride lived on the second floor at Merwedeplein 39. The Frank family lived at number 37, also on the second floor. The Anne Frank House can offer you this film footage thanks to the cooperation of the couple.
Anne Frank Museum:
Anne Frank Museum Amsterdam - the official Anne Frank House website

Wheels

My daughter give me that link a couple months ago when she did a report on Anne Frank because she knew I would like to see it.

Strange how seeing images/video like this gives me a melancholy feeling. Maybe it's because I know what is awaiting her and how sad it is.

Reading Anne's diary is a very sobering experience.

Once you start reading, you almost hear her voice as she's relating her thoughts and experiences to you. She was only 15 at the time of her death.

I can understand warfare and all that encompasses it. But I cannot fathom how humans can turn on each other and/or stand idle while people are persecuted like that.

The real tragedy here, is that people don't learn from the past...

My daughter give me that link a couple months ago when she did a report on Anne Frank because she knew I would like to see it.

Strange how seeing images/video like this gives me a melancholy feeling. Maybe it's because I know what is awaiting her and how sad it is.

A little help here, Thor. I want to get that book for my daughter, but am not sure that she is old enough. How old was yours when she read it?

I'm the 12th guys. I think I have not wanted to read it because as was said earlier, you know what is in store for her!

I had the same problem watching "They Were Expendable"...I was reading a book about a Bataan survivor, watching John Wayne having to send his PT boat crews over to the peninsula to help fill in after their boats were sunk. Man, that was hard!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back