Another F###ing school shooting

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'm afraid that this won't be the last time that we see something like this in the US, NOT saying that it's something unique to just the US, it isn't, it's only because of its gun laws that it's trumpeted out around the world the way it is...it can happen ANYWHERE. More power to the people trying to do something about it.

The University did everything "By the BOOK".
It happened so fast that the university police got there in 2 minutes after the report of a shooting.(3 minutes after it started) and it was already over.
They swept the building and found the shooter dead.
The campus went into immediate lockdown while the police looked for possible other shooters.
5 local law enforcement agencies and ambulance services were on scene in less than 20 minutes.
Around here we are all in shock. "If it can happen here"
I live 4 miles from the University.
I work at a Home Improvement Store and most of our part time people are NIU students.

There is no possible defense when somebody goes mad, like there is no defense against a mad terrorist.
You can control certain areas (like airports) but you simply cannot control every school, metro station, train, motorway etc.

Having a more restrictive law about carrying weapons surely reduce the probability that this happens and probably the number of victims, but does not solve the problem: the mad guy may kill one or two persons with a knife or a hammer instead of shooting at 5 or 6, but still is a tragedy.

Things like this always happened and will always happen.

Yep, some people rekon it was set up by the police because the goverment wanted to tighten gun laws. apprantly there was police on the scene whilst he was doing it.
i rekon thats B.S tho but as Graeme said gun laws did change by a huge amount.

My uncle said he met an Aussie soldier who was there during the massacre in Tazzy. He said he was walking past the cemetary when he heard a couple of shots, saw Bryant walking down the street with his rifle, and quickly dived behind a headstone. A couple of minutes later Bryant passed by without seeing him, and continued his shooting spree down the street. He said you could tell the guy was 'gone' and knew he would have been shot if he'd tried to do something.

very sad.

This nut job had been treated for mental problems and could not by law have firearms yet he had them. So much for restrictive gun control. A concel carry permit by one person in attendance would have pervented some of the deaths. btw, a trained person with a knive can cause a lot of injury in a crowd.

dbII

Users who are viewing this thread

Back