Another Hogzilla caught near Atlanta

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

syscom3

Pacific Historian
Jun 4, 2005
Orange County, CA
FAYETTEVILLE, Ga. - A giant wild hog boasted to be bigger than the near-mythical "Hogzilla" caught in southern Georgia a few years ago has been killed in a suburban Atlanta neighborhood.

The hog hung snout down from a tree Friday in William Coursey's front yard, not far from where the avid hunter said he shot the beast. He said he hauled it to a truck weight station, which recorded the hairy hog at 1,100 pounds.

The Department of Natural Resources did not know whether the hog was a record for the state. "We don't keep records on hogs," said Melissa Cummings of the DNR's public affairs department.

But Coursey believes his behemoth surpasses the famed super swine shot and killed in 2004 that weighed in at half a ton on the farm's scales. A team of
National Geographic experts later confirmed "Hogzilla" didn't quite live up to the 1,000-pound, 12-foot hype, saying the beast was probably 7 1/2 to 8 feet long, and weighed about 800 pounds.

The news of Coursey's kill got people are talking about the enormous beasts that roam the state.

"Nobody keeps official records," said Daryl Kirby, an editor with Georgia Outdoor News. "But it's one heck of a hog."

Another Hogzilla caught near Atlanta - Yahoo! News

Heres a pic...

Attachments

• Hogzilla.jpg
    Hogzilla.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 8,480
Doesn't look like 1200lbs. Below is the original Hogzilla for comparison.

...and I'm not looking to get into a technical discussion on where the hunter is standing, etc.

**Changed the pic for u Matt - les

Attachments

• hogzilla old.jpg
    hogzilla old.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 1,491
thinking the sam wildcat. billy the black pig etc. by the way gents we have some really nasty feral (wild) pigs here in Aussie which look very similar to the photos displayed we call them razorbacks or feral black pigs. they are an enviromental hazard and are killed by hunters here with some states offering bounties on ears taken etc

We have some nice Razorback Wild Pigs here in Germany. They make good eating. I have seen some really big ones here in the woods but never anything that could have weighed over 1000lbs.

If it did, you'd need a wheelbarrow.

[Lanc, that's a small one-wheeled, hand-propelled vehicle, designed to be pushed and guided by a single person using two handles to the rear.]

I spent nine months in southern Alabama 20 years ago and I recall
numerous large creatures like this only they had names and the good
ol' boys would date them. Bobby Joe, why you carrying that sack'o corn?
"Got me a big date tonight!"

(my apologies to all you fine Alabama boys!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back