Anybody have some spare cash?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I showed this to my pre-wife and she gave me a look like I was nuts. I didn't argue with her. But I'm not the only one. Check the schedule for the P-51. No times available, all booked and at $1400 to $2300 per flight.

We are not alone!

MAAM is a really cool organization, from the things I read. I have financially supported them with their P-61 restoration project and would love to see that bird in the air!

A few years ago one of the former Soviet republics was selling rides in 2 seat Mig 29's or Sukhoi's.

But if, if, I had the money, i'd rather ride the B-29, or even more a B-17.

Last edited:
Later this year I should be getting a ride in a Ju 52. They offer them out of Stuttgart and I voiced my wish for one as a birthday gift. Pretty sure it is going to happen. Not nearly as expensive as that though.

DAMN..i know wife of the flight engineer. she used to work for me. hmmm wonder if i can get a private tour or something. my wife i will be there saturday.

CAF rents hangar space from Cavanaugh Air Museum (http://cavanaugh.localplacement.net/), so Fifi is sorta a "local" now....except, if you check her schedule, she's only in her hangar during the week! She's out most weekends for air shows. However....she will be back at home giving flights/rides over the July 4th weekend. I'll be there taking pics (can't afford a ride, dangit), I'll post some so y'all can drool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back