Anyone remember me?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Heh.

Thanks, Evan, I appreciate it! :)

once I had a glass cut in a wurst, my friend discovered a rat tail in a piece of bread, I saw on the TV that one man found wrench in a pasta bag! :lol:

evangilder said:
Ever eat an MRE, Med? They are disgusting.
MRE= Meals Rejected by Ethiopians
Meals Rambo Eats
Meals Ready to Explode
Mostly Rat Entrails

The list goes on...

HA HA HA HA!!!!!!

Okay - several nasty things about our ratpacks.

1: There's a nasty, tinny, chemical backtaste to all of them except Treacle Tart - which is okay. Some people hated Treacle Tart with a passion, so I would trade-off all my other puddings with those people and would have that as breakfast. I couldn't face the others (bearing in mind that on hard routine they're all eaten cold) first thing at 6.00am. I kid you not - one of them has 'Boiled chicken dump' printed on the foil.

2: The coffee together with two cigarettes will get your zombified internal motor firing again - but it will also strip the enamel off your teeth.

3: All of this is heated by hexi-blocks - a bugger to light in bad weather, and kicks off the most vile toxic fumes imaginable. I remember once at ROTC everybody was brewing up inside this barn in Wales and the air was lethal - I and several others decided that going outside for a smoke was going to be the healthy option.

Army logic - the metal frame is designed to hold the issued mug - but guess what the mug we got issued with is made out of? Plastic! I managed to 'aquire' a metal one of the same design and put a thin strip of gaffer tape around the rim to stop me burning my lips off when I drank from it.

4: They also make you fart - like a tractor, and turn your innards to soild concrete! :lol:

Oh well - all good fun and games really!

I've eaten British rat packs, canned stuff. Lovely! I'm sure you'd get sick of it after eating them for weeks on end, but I liked them. Especially the sausages and 50s sweets...sorry, candy for the Americans.

I tried the British ones when I was at the Cadet Summer Camp in England, but for some reason I can not remember how they tasted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back