Are you people aware of this ? Very COOL !

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Bustedwing

Tech Sergeant
Dec 6, 2005
North Delta BC
A couple of years ago a friend of mine down in WA told me about a German Jet that these guys were restoring at Paine Field. I figured yeah, probably an old 104 or something like that, but he swore it was a WWII jet. Not being an aircraft nut I figured he was mistaken so I got him to E mail me a pic of it. Sure enough a Me. 262. I came across it again today and checked out their site. Turns out they have 2 in the air now FLYING !

http://www.stormbirds.com/project/history/phase_2.htm

What I would give to see it for real !

that project started in 1993 in fort worth texas, at the texas airpalne factory run by herbert tischler but then moved to washington state due problems in the construction and overbudget

Well I have seen most everything flyable fly, that would be something to see that ! We have a huge Airshow here every year and I have been very fortunate to see a lot of planes in the air. To date the only WWII German plane I have seen airborn is (was) an Me 108 that was owned locally by I guy Named Franz Stiegler. Franz was an ace in North Africa and a really cool guy to BS with. He was very good friends with a guy I was building floats for at one time. I have no idea if he is even still alive. He hasn't fielded the 108 in over 20 years. I should look him up !

Erich said:
his name is Franz Stigler and he later became TO in JV 44

Geese, where do you find this info ????? Another friend of mine, his Grandfather Jack Holmes flew Spits in the BOB. He was great to talk to as well, another gem I have lost touch with. His favourite saying was "There are old pilots and bold pilots but no old bold pilots" !

Holy Crappola ! There's a picture of him on the Google thing for the Me 262, He used to live in Langley, I will try and look him up ! Havn't talked to the guy in years !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back