Australian 'Comfort Woman' Survivor to Testify Before Congress on February 15 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

One thing the Japanese might have great difficulty understanding is how Japanese leaders of the WWII era could be so stupid and evil. It seems odd that a nation could go from being totally evil to relatively normal so quickly.

This criticism of the Japanese is only fair if everyone accepts all the evil things done by citizens of their own country. Otherwise it comes accross as gross hypocrisy.

When do people think other countries were at their most villainous?

I don't think anyone has argued that most of the people killed in the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki were responsible for the heinous crimes committed by some Japanese. The fact that they are from Japan does not make all Japanese criminals.

I don't think anyone has argued that most of the people killed in the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki were responsible for the heinous crimes committed by some Japanese. The fact that they are from Japan does not make all Japanese criminals.

Nope but they ended the war and if he Japanese had an atomic they most ceratainly would have used it. Look at the Bio Weapons they used.

I think you are missing the point of this discussion. No one is saying the modern Japanese of today are responsible for what happened back then. They simply are not. However the government can recognize it happened and teach there children about it. They can stop with the denail. That is a crime in itself.

Oh and by the way instead of making 5 seperate posts to get your point across put them in one post from now on. We are all educated people and and can see that you have 3 different things you want to talk about in one post.

Tell that to the families of the soldiers who died on the Bataan death march - tell that to the Chinese and Korean civilians who were brutalized by the Japanese - the Japanese civilian population was in the middle between their Bushido leaders and the allies who wanted the war to end - and in the end those Japanese suffered the same way they made civilians under their rule suffer. As said payback is a bitch...

BTW - this guy was a POW, maybe his captor is having a bad day...

behead-us-pilot.gif

Don't even bring up that "Have the British apologized for what they did in Africa and Asia under colonialism?" crap. The worse so called atrocities ever committed by the Brits to those they colonized on a bad day was a "day in the park" when compared to what the Japanese have done.

I suggest you pull your head out of your @ss because you evidently don't know what you're talking about, and YES there are some on this forum who had family members interned in Japanese POW camps....

That Photo FBJ I believe is an Australian Pilot ready to be executed on the Island of Ambon in Dutch east Indies (Indonesia). And by the way my Uncle was a POW of the Japanese, So that classifies me as one of those forums users with a direct link to a family member who was a POW in Changi. What you want his ID number from the 2nd AIF or what. He definitely like his mates didn't have a walk in the park for 3 1/2 years in Changi Prison. Except for a few incidents during Colonial days the British didn't make it a habit of executing the whole ****ing population of who they colonized. Cojimar. Perhaps you want to equal all things out and say the Japs were doing what the British did to colonize and empire. Look at your own history was Wounded Knee was just a day that the US Army was having a bad hair day. Now go and look at the Fall Of Singapore. 1942 the Alexandria Hospital Massacre. The Bataan Death March. The Sandakarn Death March on the island of Borneo. Thai Burma Railways death toll. Not just Allied POWs but native population being executed or starved to death. The Rape of Nanking was another fine testament to Japan. The Rape of Manilla in 1945. Where 1 million Filippinos died at the hands of the IJA. Women between the ages of 15 to 25 were brutally raped repeatly then murdered by members of the Japanese Army. Point to when the British Army has had at any time brutlaized to that number of innocent people. tell you what Cojimar I will be in Singapore from June 1st to June 6th. will be staying at the Penusula Excelsiur Hotel during those dates. Come and I will take you for a tour around Singapore to the sites of executions of Singaporean Civilians who were Chinese Malays Indians who were shot or bayonetted to death by the Japanese for nothing more then these civilians wanted food or work after Singapore Fell in 1942. another want to tell that crap of yours to my wife's family. They are Filippinos from Cebu. I am sure they will listen to you and then look at you with dismay and ask me where I found you from because they have excellant manners and would not abuse you for being stupid

That Photo FBJ I believe is an Australian Pilot ready to be executed on the Island of Ambon in Dutch east Indies (Indonesia).

Actually that photo is of Australian Army Sgt Leonard George Siffleet, M Special Unit of the Allied Intelligence Bureau. Captured behind enemy lines, he was executed on the 24th Oct 1943 at Aitape Beach. Executioner was a one Yasuno Chikao.
I also have no sympathy for the Japanese of WWII especially after the massacres of our servicemen and NURSES at places like Singapore, Ambon, Rabaul etc. Not to mention Japanese cannabalism on the Kokoda Track.

Well said gentlemen...

And for those 2 atomic bombings - until the Japanese can formally apologize I say SO WHAT! Over 300,000 people died because of the bombings, it probably saved several million Japanese lives if the war continued and there was an allied invasion. Could you imagine LeMay being allowed to continue firebomb every square inch of Japan? How about the B-29 fleet being supplemented by B-32s that would of packed the same punch as the -29?

Throughout the 1930s the Japanese refined a fine art called brutality - as the allies got into WW2 we picked up on some of their "dirty tricks" (as well as making a few of our own). The Japanese not only wanted to conquer, they wanted to brutalize and humiliate their captors - allied servicemen wanted to defeat this enemy and go back to their peaceful civilian lives. ANYONE who tries to lessen the atrocities the Japanese committed and even begin to try to villanize the allies for their "payback" was probably brain dead in high school history class, brainwashed with liberal propaganda or is somewhere between retarded and imbecile.

Actually that photo is of Australian Army Sgt Leonard George Siffleet, M Special Unit of the Allied Intelligence Bureau. Captured behind enemy lines, he was executed on the 24th Oct 1943 at Aitape Beach. Executioner was a one Yasuno Chikao.
I also have no sympathy for the Japanese of WWII especially after the massacres of our servicemen and NURSES at places like Singapore, Ambon, Rabaul etc. Not to mention Japanese cannabalism on the Kokoda Track.

Thanks Wild for the info. Knew it was an Aussie by his appearance and have seen that photo before. Just wasn't sure who or when it was taken. Think I have seen photo in Canberra but again unsure. But as I said the offer still stands to take the afore mentioned gentleman for a personal guided tour of Singapore. I will also be in Cebu Philippines from 12th May to 31st May and my wife and I have to make a trip to Manila during that time for family business but again I can arrange to take this aforementioned gentleman up to Bataan and Corrigdor for a tour. No problem to me as I have planned time around those areas any way. I will be taking photos of the area and I will put them on this web site when my wife and I return back to Australia in June. This will not be done to prove a point but with respect to the Americans on this web site. And this site from Digger History showing the Kwai River Bridge etc

Bridge on the River Kwai; the true story

this Rail line and bridge was constructed by forcing Allied Prisoners of War and Civilians of many nationalites including Thais Indians Chinese Malays Burmese etc to construct this bridge and rail line under slave labour conditions It is said for every sleeper on the rail line it signifies the death of 6 Asain Coolies (labourers) who were forced to build that bloody railway line and bridge. Significant places like Hell Fire Pass. Where Australian Prisoners of War were forced to remove tons of rock and rubble by hand using steel bars and hammers and using low grade explosives to do so out of a rock face of granite to form a viaduct for the line itself.. the men were starved and beaten, were rife with diseases such as Malaria Beri Beri Typhoid Cholera Tropical Ulcers Dysntry Elephantitise and every tropical illness you could imagine. Death rates were high from exhaustion and starvation without the added situation of Tropical Diseases. I have yet to read any where except for the Boer War in South Africa Campaign in 1899 1902 that the British had ever treated any POW or Civilian in any where in the Empire with such distant for human life as did the Japanese during WW2 and prior to WW2. Even the Germans said during the 1930s when Japan invaded China and sacked Nanking the then capital of China that the excesses of the Japanese Troops in Nanking was excessive and beyond the scope of humanity. This coming from the then German Government is to say the very least a testment to the brutality of the Japanese during and prior to WW2 that even shocked the then German Government and we do know how the Germans reacted during WW2.

And before this so called person replies. with another nonsense statement I suggest he looks at the title of this thread. An Australian Comfort Woman Survivor to Testify Before Congress. Now only a buffoon would not know the reasons behind this. The woman was forced into Prostitution by the Imperial Japanese Army. She is testifying to the US Congress of the treatment and barbarity she received from the Japanese in WW2. She is also testifying on behalf of literally thousands of Asain women from Countries like Korea Philippines Indonesia China Malaysia Singapore Burma Thailand and other Western Women from England USA Australia New Zealand etc. If this Cojimar has problems understanding most of the Women who are Asian and were forced to be Comfort Women for the IJA have poor English skills or because of their 1 age 2 ethenic background 3 have a suspicion of Governmental agencies for various reason 4 inability to travel due to health etc, because most of these women are in their 70s to 80s age group. It isn't a British thing Cojimar or an allied thing. Its for the Japanese Government of today to recognise that a previous Government of Japan was and is responsible for War Crimes against CIVILIANS Regardless of race or empire or country or anything else your Anti British Mind wants to come up with. It is simpley that Japan and I will say this again so you can understand quiet simply committed War Crimes which they have constantly denied since the end of WW2. And MOST OF THESE WAR CRIMES WERE AGAINST CIVILIANS regardless of RACE COUNTRY ETHENIC BACK GROUND LOCATION OR BY REASON. By this stage hopefully you will understand by this time

The photos below were taken by me in Singapore in October 2005. One is the Singaporean Civilian Memorial adjacent to the Padang in Singapore the other photo is of the Changi Chapel Replica near the Old Changi Prison. The Chapel was built by POWs held in captivity at Changi the original is either in Canberra or Imperial War Museum London. But there is a really good museum at Changi as well and I suggest any one going to Singapore to visit this museum and Chapel. In the Centre of The Civilian Memorial is a very Large Brass Urn. Containing the ashes of over 2500 Civilians killed by the Japanese. These Ashes are of Europeans (ENGLISH AUSTRALIAN ETC) Malays Chinese and Indian Civilians

Attachments

• Changi Replica Memorial Chapel Singapore.JPG
    Changi Replica Memorial Chapel Singapore.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 124
  • Civilian Memorial Singapore.JPG
    Civilian Memorial Singapore.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 122
Who's the girl/woman?? :)

Anyway, from the beeb (BBC NEWS | Asia-Pacific | Japan refuses sex slave apology) :
Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe says Japan will not issue another apology for its World War II military brothels. Mr Abe said none of the testimony in recent US Congress hearings showed solid proof prostitutes were abused. Elaborating on comments he made last week, he said he would not go beyond a 1993 apology on the issue, even if Washington asked for one.

Many historians say Japan compelled up to 200,000 women, mostly Chinese and Korean, to become sex slaves. But some Japanese scholars deny that force was used to round up the women, blaming private contractors for any abuses. Last Thursday Mr Abe sided with these critics, saying there was "no evidence to prove there was coercion".

The US House of Representatives is currently considering a non-binding resolution calling on Tokyo to "formally acknowledge, apologise and accept historical responsibility" for these so-called comfort women.

Kris

And I don't believe for one minute the Prime Minister of Japan will issue any apology regardless of what the US Congress says or does other wise. A non Binding resolution. May as well piss in the wind for all the good that would do

Here are 2 You Tube documentaries from a Chinese source. Some of it the Americans might not like as it is heavily in sections biased towards the US but it does acknowledge that the US Citizens and Soldiers along with other countries suffered similar under the Japanese. There are 2 parts
Second part you may need to become a Youtube member to view it because it is very graphic in parts

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoW2WYdOsvg

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqH47MIpuoA

Both run for approximately 40 minutes each both are graphic you may have too flag the second video because of extreme nature of it.

And of course if you look at all the videos associated with the Nanking Massarce the Japanese deny it even exsisted with footage of their own which could have been taken any where prior to WW2. They claim the Chinese photos are fake that the executions never took place. they have Japanese Historians of course saying it never occurred. And even TV programs saying the Nanking Massacre is a load of old tripe and demiss it entirely. You can even hear the studio audience laughing when the commentator makes a witty point. Just one problem with denying the Nanking Massacre by Japan. Their denials don't wash with their other War Crimes committed elsewhere in all of Asia and South Pacific. The treatment of Allied POWs the treatment of Civilians in Hong Kong Thailand Burma Malaysia Indonesia French Indo China (Vietnam Laos and Cambodia) Singapore Philippines and a myrid of other places. The Japanese can kid themselves all they like deny it all happened but too many others besides the Chineses are saying the same thing. Are all these other country's films and photos fake as well, Are the collective memories of millions of people stretching from countries so apart and afield all fake? The answer is no. Unlike Germany who has made reperations for generations for war atrocities committed by the Nazis. Japan has never admitted her guilt and still denys to this day her guilt. doesn't matter how many TV shows they make denying the whole war. The truth is Japan will never be let to forget her past by other nations.

I seen one Chinese report where an old woman was mad with the US for not nuking Japan 3 or 4 more times!

You know what FBJ don't blame that old woman at all. If I had lost most of my family like she possibley did to the Japs I would say the same. Nuke the Bastards back to the Stoneage. Course it would be said in Chinese of course

Agree....

I looked to see if I could find a Japanese Consulate where I lived - I'd love to burn a Japanese flag in front of it...

Anyone who tries to deny what the Japanese did during WW2 or lessen the severity of their actions are just a guilty as those who say there was never a Holocaust - Ignorant b@stards who should have a full lobotmoy....

Course FBj I checked the other videos on You Tube to be fair and I sat there totally stunned. A ****ing whitewash by an obvious Japanese Government ploy to deny Nanking. That might work with their own guilable mob of sake drinkers but it doesn't work with me. Not when you compare what occured elsewhere. Good god I hope that mob of morons don't aim it at Australians. You could imagine the furore if the Japs tried that on with the Australian Govt and my country men and women. Embassy for Japan in Canberra better hire more security because some one would ****ing lynch the pricks inside

it is acceptable denial through out japan and we are the bad boys because of the dropping of the 2 bombs on the country.

Vassili don't even go there about settlers taking Indian lands. my wife is part Cherokee and I have heard many many stories about the lies and the spreading of toxic diseases. let's face it tribes eliminated tribes all through the east before the white man came over by ship ........... well this could get OT and I won't progress any further

Sorry Erich, didn't mean to offend you.

I know what the members of the Former Prisoners of War Associations would think of the disgusting reply by Prime Minister Abe of Japan over last few days about Comfort Women etc and of Japans continued denial of War Crimes. Especially the ex POWs of the Japanese would not be impressed one bit.

By the way came across other historical evidence of Japanese atrocities. It appears the Japanese executed German Missionaries and Civilians. along with Dutch Civilians and Servicemen in Indonesia. One incident most chilling was Dutch Soldiers were forced to see the execution of their wives and families. Wives were cut to pieces with bayonet and swords along with the children. then it was the turn of the soldiers themselves being shot beheaded or bayonetted to death. German Missionaries and Civilians fared no better as the Japanese thought they were signalling the Allies by radio etc at the time. didn't seem to matter to the Japanese that the Missionaries and German Civilians Home
Government was allied to Japan. Seems more of a case they were European and a lesser race to the Japanese and as such were executed. The 2 incidents I refer to occurred in 1943 and 1945 respectfuly.
German Civilians and Missionaries were picked up by the Japanese Naval vessel Akikaze at Wewak PNG on 18th March 1943 taken to Rabaul and on the journey all were executed as the Japs thought these Nuetrals were sending signals to the Allies
Second incident is known as the Loa Kulu Massacre taking place on 30th July 1945 Sararinda Borneo. Dutch Servicemen were forced to watched the execution of their wives and children by the Japanese. the Servicemen followed same fate. Most of the bodies of the victims were thrown down a mine shaft to hide the crime. Men Women Children massacred with out pity. Massacre site was found by Australians serving in the area some days later

Users who are viewing this thread

Back