Aviation Illustration

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

MarkH

Airman
Nov 13, 2007
Hi Everyone
Found this forum yesterday since I'm an airplane nut thought it would be interesting to stick around take part.
My day job is a storyboard illustrator for ad agencies, but I've enjoyed drawing aircraft all my life. Right now I do it for fun (ie- not paid:oops: ). Here's a couple that I've done in the last year (digital - Corel Painter). I'd love to hear your thoughts.
Cheers,
spit06.jpg

jabo2LR%20copy.jpg

MarkH: Welcome to the forum. I can't see your pic's, my company has a
block on what I can see, at work. Check it out when I get home. You'll
like the place...... I do !

Charles

Thanks Guys
Here's some more Dambusters for you DML
DB06.jpg

Nice one! Any more?

Being (very!) picky (if I may make so bold!) but the valorous Hopgood (who, by the way, should have also been awarded a [posthumous] VC) was, I understand, further 'down stream' when the wing came off. However, I fully appreciate the artistic need to get the dam as the background focus to the picture. (Not picking a fight at all – how could I? I've no artistic talent whatsoever!)

Hallo MarkH,

It is a great stuff.I haven't seen a such wonderful graphic for a long time. :D Congrats mate and welcome there.Greetings from Poland.:)

Thanks again folks. I'd love to keep doing these quick things, as the fully rendered colour stuff eats up time that I don't have (I have an unfinished Harvard illustration that I haven't touched in weeks).
To be honest it's alot more fun as well.
DML, you're probably right. Even though I have an interest in planes I'm sure there are many of you here that have a better grasp of the historical details than I do. That's another advantage of doing this quick stuff. It's easier to change too there's not as much sweat invested in it.:D

dang Mark I luv that rear shot of the Lanc and crew. what medium are you using for them ?

E

Mark are you interested in doing any Luftwaffe aircraft ? of course the black coloration would be excellent for night fighters.......... hint hint

E

Users who are viewing this thread

Back