aviation is a harsh mistress

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

rob23

Airman 1st Class
Jun 8, 2018
Greetings. I believe this is my fourth post. I usually just lurk. One of those people who always loved airplanes. BUT! a learning disability (diagnosed in my fifties) got in the way of the math and blueprint schematic chart stuff in most all aviation career tracts. I participated in NJROTC and CAP in high school. Loved both. I was XO of my NJROTC company. BUT! other health problems kept me from serving. So I did what any sane unhealthy person would do, I took up skydving and jumped from C-47's, Turbo Porters and Helio-Couriers that had patched bullet holes from Vietnam. Jumped from Shorts Skyvans, Beech 18's. Beaver (the slowest airplane ever) hot air balloons C-182's and UH-1's. Jumped for 12 years until I just could not afford it any more. Airplane stuff kicked me to side-

I always had an affinity for naval aviation, WWI airplanes, and THE GOLDEN AGE- be still my heart; F4B, F3F, P-12, P-26, Laird Super Solution, Mystery Ship, Meteor, Jimmy Doolittle, Roscoe Turner and all the rest. WWII, Korea, Cold War and Vietnam. Then there's the space program..... I love it all.

Thank you one and all. Blue sky, black death! (no idea of the origin, just heard it over and over again on various drop zones)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back