I have Volume 1 of 'Fortresses of the Big Triangle First', which is almost what you are asking about Chris. As the title suggests, this deals only with B-17s of the First Bomb Division, but lists every aircraft which served with the various Bomb groups within the Division, with photos where available, and shows their history and ultimate fate.
This volume covers the period up to February 1944, with the remainder to be covered in Volume 2. I bought Vol 1 when first published, some years ago, but haven't seen Vol 2 - if it ever reached publication stage. (I must check on that, as I'd like to complete the set.)
Other than that, a few 'smaller' books list the production blocks, and Roger Freeman's 'The Mighty Eighth' lists a great many aircraft, and those he was able to identify by number and 'nose art' name, but not all are covered.
Additionally, the various Bomb Group Associations attempt to list, and illustrate where possible, aircraft which served with the Groups, but unfortunately, this is a daunting and difficult task to undertake, as not all records are complete, it takes a lot of time (as with the above named book), and, of course, much of the needed material, and photographs if they exist, are, or were, in the possession of the dwindling number of veterans.
Unless there's someone out there working on a similar book, or books, to the one already mentioned, then I'd guess it's a case of spending many hours trying to cross reference various other books and sources.