B-17 waistgunner view

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Feb 22, 2009
Connecticut
Hey Guys,
Awhile back I asked questions about flak/german fighters while attacking b-17's for a painting I was working on.
I've finished it and figured I'd post it here for opinions, hope the attachment works!

Thanks again for the input

David Gorski

Attachments

• 20x40_fights_on.jpg
    20x40_fights_on.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 156
It's open because I read a story told by a waistgunner describing this very scene. He couldn't believe it either,
here comes this FW190 with the canopy back and scarf flying out, like something out of ww1! So, I thought it would make a great picture.

Thanks for the comments

David

I like it. Very professional looking. I was going to comment about the open canopy also but your explanation explained it. I think that the FW might be a little more realistic if it were further away.

I agree with the last post, but overall, rather nice. Just one thing though, the .50 cal Browning ejected the empty cases out of the bottom of the receiver, but that's being a bit nit-picking!

Dang! thanks for the bottom shell ejecting tip, guess I'll just have to chalk it up to "artistic interpretation":lol::lol:
should've run this by you guys sooner!

thanks to all for you comments, coming from this group I really appreciate it.
I'll post more paintings for opinions as I get them out if it's ok with you guys.
Don't hold back on the constructive criticism, I really want to know what I did wrong to always make them better.

Thanks
David

Users who are viewing this thread

Back