B-24 Liberator Diorama - 1/48th Scale. (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Great interior detailing Terry

In case you want to make a gun sight for the nose turret when you get around to that, here's a picture of the K-11 gun sight in my collection. Let me know if you need more pictures or dimensions.

20230212_133657.jpg

Thanks Glenn, that'll be very useful.
If you could provide the approximate dimensions, I'd be grateful.

I think the Koster turret kit has gone astray. It was returned to sender on 6th January, and I haven't heard from Jeff at Rare-Plane Detective, so presuming that Evri couriers have f***ed up !
I'll e-mail Jeff anyway, just in case, but as it stands at the moment, I'm planning on having to use the kit turrets, and scratch-build basic representations of the interiors.

Been out of action this past week, due to some flare-up in wrists and hands, but hope to get back to the model over the weekend.

Yep, I'm a tad displeased about it, and more so about the terrible, inefficient "service" from Evri couriers, who had two weeks notice about the address error, and still f***ed it up !
But hopefully I'll be able to make a slight improvement on the kit front and rear turrets - even if I do end up getting tur-rets syndrome ! (see what I did there ? yeah, I know - coat's ready !!).

Yep, I'm a tad displeased about it, and more so about the terrible, inefficient "service" from Evri couriers, who had two weeks notice about the address error, and still f***ed it up !
But hopefully I'll be able to make a slight improvement on the kit front and rear turrets - even if I do end up getting tur-rets syndrome ! (see what I did there ? yeah, I know - coat's ready !!).
see my reply in the Bristol Bulldog thread ! :rolleyes:

Sorry for the lack of up-dates chaps - I hadn't realised that it's been over a month since I did any work on the B-24.
I've been having problems with very stiff hands ( and neck and shoulders too), which has prevented me from doing the fiddly work required.
I'm heading off down to the Tin Tent in Norfolk on Wednesday, staying for a week and going to the Sywell air show, but I'm hoping to get at least a little more work done on the model before I depart. I'll be bouncing back and forth between home and Norfolk until the end of September, but hope to get some modelling done during the times when I'm at home.
Looks like my anticipated six months build time is going to stretch out to around twelve months !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back