B-25G "Shark Mouth"; 1/48, Academy

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

SANCER

Senior Master Sergeant
Aug 21, 2014
México City
Hello again friends, colleagues and visitors. :salute:

Since I finished the Corsair and enjoyed the IPMS Mexico, I took advantage of my spare time to make repairs to my previously completed models.
Now that everything is in order again, I have decided that my twelfth model is this emblematic twin-engine:

The Art Box.-

1.jpg

"La Mona" also posed in the 1st photo (riddle: which side is the head?) :cool:

It is the first time that I will work with a model of Accurate Miniatures (Academy Plastic Model Co. Ltd.), Since I bought it I could see that it comes very well detailed; Now that I'm reviewing and studying the instructions, I did not find how many pieces they make up, but I'm sure it has more than the ones that included my past B-24 "The Squaw" by Revell.
The instructions are dated from the year 2013, so it must be a recent mold. (some of you will have the best assertion)
This is the version I'm going to do:

North American B-25G Mitchell (s / n 42-64758) AAF Tactical Training Center, Orlando Field, Florida, April 1944.

A.jpg

I have a couple of days collecting photographs, links and images, to begin to have the details of the different sections of this medium bomber. :study:

If someone already had the experience of making this model and of the AM brand; I am all ears for suggestions and recommendations; as well as photographs of this particular version. 8-[

The kit looks very good and on the fly we will see how the assembly behaves.

As you know, until now all my planes have been OOB and some improvisations and improvements with scratch.
I hope we have a fun and interactive process together.

Saludos de gran altura :thumbup:

Luis Carlos
SANCER

Thanks guys for your visits and comments, I hope it is another workbench full of learning, challenges and pleasant moments.

I have AM's B-25 B kit but have not yet built it. I have heard of one issue with the kit and that is that the cowl openings for the engines are too small. You can get resin replacements.

Should be a good one Luis.
Apart from the cowlings, the kit is superb, from what I've seen.
As Andy mentioned, resin cowlings are available from 'Quickboost', and are very well produced. I used them on my old Revell kit.

View attachment 470422
Thanks for your comments, Andy and Terry, I'm going to give a good review to the cowlings of the kit to see how they behave.

I have given him a very good wash with water and a bit of dish detergent, ... I noticed very bright plastic (without being an expert, I think it is of very good quality).

I have started with improving that cockpit center console and joining everything that can be joined in the cockpit and sides of the fuselage and some other parts, before entering with some paint.

At the time I will be passing photos, I really consider very good details in all the plastic pieces (I think there will be little that can be improvised adding detail, to which already include the instuctions) Still I am contemplating some modifications to be able to show off the interiors of some engine and the tip of the frontal machine guns.

Thank you gentlemen for joining me and we keep in touch ... :thumbup:

Taking advantage of a free time, I take the opportunity to share part of the photos with yesterday's stage.

This is one of the images I found on the network, to base myself on making that central console look more real.

2.1.jpg

I split both handlebars of the central console, and thus have better freedom of maneuver for my adjustments.

2.jpg

There really is a lot to do to improve these pieces ... [-(

3.jpg
4.jpg

Using the same technique that until now has given me better results (I think that in my Lib I expounded on the process), that's how the new pieces looked ...

5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg

Acupuncture needles have solved many situations in which I need a very thin and resistant wire at the same time. :arcade:

I am going to thin the sides and as much as possible the backrest of the seats, and then,to also try to make a cushion for each chair. In this photo the sides and backs are very thick according to reality.

9.jpg

Well, that's how those consoles look like at first.

10.jpg

It's the first time I have a transparent instrument panel.
The kit has a decal to put on the panel, ... :-k I'm thinking of painting the panel in the corresponding black color; with different mini-drills make each dial hole, (maybe thin the thickness of the panel), stick the sticker to a styrene sheet and join it behind the panel, ... then make the crystals of each dial.

Well, it's all for now, I hope you like it and you know that all comments and recommendations are well received.

Saludos con afecto desde la Ciudad de México :thumbup:

Great start Luis. If you need any other detail shots feel free to ask
Thank you very much Geo, surely I will appeal to you the experts; I already have some questions that as I get closer, I will formulate them.
Saludos mi amigo :thumbup:

Going to have too keep an eye one this thread, I love the B-25 bomber.
I'm glad to see you here, Micdrow, and your feedback will be important to know that you like the B-25!
Your advice is well received. :salute:

Good start but watch that picture you posted as there are some modern instruments and radio equipment on that aircraft.
Andy, you could not fail me with your timely observations; I will thank you very much during all my processes.
You're right, ... and too, I have not even seen other seats in B-25s photographs, like these; surely they are also modern modifications. o_O

What I liked about this photo is the central console and how the different levers and the "twisted" of these are clearly identified.
Thank you friend and I appreciate everyone being attentive and willing to let me know so I can avoid any confusion. :grouphuuug:

This is team work !! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back