Baby's on his/her way (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks all. Lanc, it takes a while from when labor starts till you go to the hospital... one hell of an experience. All did not go smoothly, but in the end everything turned out okay. Apparently, Baby was trying to give Daddy a heart attack on his first day. My wife had freakish contractions w/o any rest in between, just one of top of the other lasting over 2mins each. Then, there was some meconium, so they thought maybe the baby was in distress, so they got the neonatal dr to come in the room. Doctor was late, due to the freakish contractions which pushed baby out quickly. Then the umbilical cord was wrapped around the neck TWICE - but it was loose so he wasn't in danger, the doctor just unwrapped it after the head came out. THEN, on his first breath, he breathed too hard and put a little hole in his lung, so had some trouble breathing, which they didn't find out the cause till an xray later. Luckily, the doctor gave him a day and his lung healed itself and inflated fully, so it's as if it never happened now! Thanks for the prayers - God knows we needed them. He's doing great now, and I got my male heir! So finally, here he is:

Matthew James Kloby

Attachments

• matthew.jpg
    matthew.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 141
Congratulations, Matt! Sounds like you had a bit of an adventure, and thankfully all is well. You are just beginning the amazing journey of parenthood. You will find no job more challenging and more rewarding at the same time. He's a handsome boy, enjoy him. :occasion4:
:sonarsmile:

Congratulations, Matt! And welcome to the world M.J. Kloby!
Wish you all well and pray your wife is resting and recovering
quickly. Life will never be quite the same again - it is now more
complicated and an awful lot of fun!

Congrats Pal! A job well done! Good looking kid. Your wife's labor was as eventful as my wife's was uneventful. Only thing that happened that I thought was somewhat funny was when we were driving up to the hospital, my wife saw a sign saying VALET PARKING. We head for the front door and she sees a guy standing in front of the hospital and said, "Oh look, they can valet park our car honey".

I said, "Babe, nobody valet parks at 5 am on a Sunday morning. That's the security guard".

"Oh...".

I figure she was kind of out of it with the contractions

Looks like I'm late for the party as usual.

Congrats on the new little tyke, bud. It sure looks as though the first moments of life were an adventure alright. I'm so glad it all worked out for the best. Good luck with fatherhood.:thumbleft:

Thanks again, everyone :D

CONGRATS TO U AND UR MISSES MATT!!!!

Is he an Jr. or a II??? or just Lil' Matty?

We were going to name him Matthew Francis Kloby, Jr - but I didn't want to torment another soul w/ the name Francis... so we swapped out the middle name and dropped the Jr part. So, yeah, he's just a lil matty :lol:

:lol: believe me i have huge problems with my name at times..........

and Congratulations mk you must be so pleased, i wish you all the best with matty!

BTW, it's never too early to get them interested in aircraft :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back