Bagram Crash

stona

Major
9,380
3,210
Joined
Mar 28, 2009
Not exactly WWII but footage of the cargo aircraft that crashed on take off from Bagram, Afghanistan, with the loss of seven lives.

LiveLeak.com - Bagram Airfield Crash 29 APR 2013

Steve
 
Poor bastards.
 
The cargo shifted and threw out the CG. It had military vehicles on board.

A good friend of mine saw it crash. Terrible thing. Aviation is a dangerous thing.
 
It looked like a power on stall when I saw the clip, the bank and drop is horendous. Thought maybe the load shifted or came loose. The take off angle is so steep to keep out of harms way on a normal take off must be heart stopping. But did it come down in an occupied compound????
 
Chris said the cargo shifted Bill and the result is what is seen on the video.

As Wildcat said, poor bastards. :salute:
 
Actually the pilot said that to the tower...

Aah, I wasn't aware of that. I was thinking of the possibility of a trim jack failure.
 
:sad:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back