Barman, aged 12, pulls the pints

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

syscom3

Pacific Historian
Jun 4, 2005
Orange County, CA
A 12-year-old boy has become the youngest person in the country to get the qualifications needed to run a pub.

Christian can pour - but he can't drink

Christian Hardacre can now pull pints behind the bar at the Star in Barnby Dun, near Doncaster.

A loophole in the law means he is legally allowed to pour drinks as long as he gets permission from the licensee - which shouldn't be a problem as the pub is run by his father, David.

"I understand he is the youngest person in the country to pass the exam," said his proud dad.

"He's absolutely over the moon and loves telling his friends about it."

Christian decided to take the British Institute of Innkeeping exam when he heard that a 16-year-old girl had passed and he thought it would be worth a try.

He got through the exam with no problems, but added: "It was a bit odd when I passed because I can't drink it but I can serve it."

As soon as he turns 18 he will be able to run his own pub - and finally have a drink himself.

Telegraph | News | Barman, aged 12, pulls the pints

Attachments

• ubeer.jpg
    ubeer.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 251
Only if you aspire to be a bartender and realize that dream at age 12. Can you imagine the things this kid has seen to have those aspirations that are realized before he has hair on his ****.

Only if you aspire to be a bartender and realize that dream at age 12. Can you imagine the things this kid has seen to have those aspirations that are realized before he has hair on his ****.

I bet he's learned quite a bit about sociology, politics, the money part of the pub business and what not to do when he drinks booze.

I say good luck to him!

I'snt it a bit of a stretch to say everyone in a pub is an alcoholic?
Well, maybe in America, but Europe alcohol culture is different. Much stronger - especially in the colder places. For example, Iceland has a population of only 300,000 but every second citizen is believed to be an alcoholic there. It's cold there... That is also why they drink in Russia so much, as well as Finland, Poland...

I can tell that. I encounter the beer culture clash every day with my American students. The understand the phenomenon of alcohol completely differently then for instance the Czechs - and Europeans generally - do.

I also have a lot of experience with the Brits, and their beer culture and customs are definitely more similar to the Czech ones then to the US. Thus my assumption of the percentage of the alcoholics this 12yo's pub.

Yeah but that does not make everyone an alcoholic. About 90 percent of the people I know are not alcoholics and I know quite a bit of people. I also know what alcoholics are like, my father was a very hardcore alcoholic until he sobered up and has not drank in about 4 years.

Yeah but that does not make everyone an alcoholic. About 90 percent of the people I know are not alcoholics and I know quite a bit of people.
Yes, but still in Germany it is kinda different then in Czecho. I know what you mean, I agree. But definitely as further to the East you go, as more and more alcoholics percentage in the population...

Basically what I'm saying is that it is not a good thing for a 12yo boy to be a bartender, because he's surrounded by things that are simply not yet for him.

Yes, but still in Germany it is kinda different then in Czecho. I know what you mean, I agree. But definitely as further to the East you go, as more and more alcoholics percentage in the population...

Basically what I'm saying is that it is not a good thing for a 12yo boy to be a bartender, because he's surrounded by things that are simply not yet for him.

I actually agree with you. I would not subject my 12 year old to that kind of stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back