BB-38 USS Pennsylvania ..................... 1944

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

mikec1

Banned
Jul 9, 2013
Georgia, USA
Greetings Guys, and Gals;

..... This is not a post, that I look forwards, ............to, I know that I going to get several people piss off .................. :shock:

I will be using two model Kits in 1/200 scale The USS Arizona, and the USS Missouri, I need the parts .................... :cry:

I really hate to part out a nice model, but, for the lack of parts I have no choice ... please for-give me.

k0210610.jpg

img07810.jpg

Be cool.............. please.

Mike

Last edited:
I agree with Paul. Although our site is aviation related , a such build is always interesting and welcome. :thumbright:

Why would anybody be p!ssed off?
Sounds like a great project, and in that scale, plenty of detail to be done!

I agree with Paul. Although our site is aviation related , a such build is always interesting and welcome. :thumbright:

Totally agree with the lads! USS Pennsylvania BB-38 is one of my favourite battleships, next to USS West Virginia BB-48...

:thumbright:

I don't see a problem 'cross kitting' to make a required model. In the past, I've used three kits to produce one model.
Bye the way, what does 'BB' mean - Big B@stard, Big B*gg*r, Battle Basher ???

Big Battleship? Come on, it's American, it can't be that easy!!!
Oh, and I once used a clock mainspring and a box of matches to make a detailed scale model of the Starship Enterprise. It lookd like a box of matches with a spring up its Rs ...........

Big Battleship? Come on, it's American, it can't be that easy!!!
Oh, and I once used a clock mainspring and a box of matches to make a detailed scale model of the Starship Enterprise. It lookd like a box of matches with a spring up its Rs ...........
Actually simpler than you might think!
From the U.S. Navy itself:
Prior to 1920, the USN used the designations B for battleship and then a hull number, such as B-1, B-2, etc. Same for destroyers, etc. D-1, D-2, etc. After WW1 (1918) a wider variety of naval vessels began to enter the USN inventory...blimps (airships/balloons), submarine tenders, salvage vessels, aircraft carriers (heavier than air vs airships), etc. Those vessels REQUIRED more than one letter, such as the aircraft carrier; the carrier (CV) was "C" for carrier and "V" for heavier than air (airplanes, not balloons). So, for paper work purposes, two letters were needed to maintain consistency and uniformity. Without such an organization, confusion would result. In 1920, the new designation for battleships and destroyers became BB DD; "B" for battleship and "D" for destroyer, the second letters "B" and "D" meant nothing, other than making battleships and destroyers easier to document during administrative functions.

I don't see a problem 'cross kitting' to make a required model. In the past, I've used three kits to produce one model.
Bye the way, what does 'BB' mean - Big B@stard, Big B*gg*r, Battle Basher ???
I have always favored the "Big B@stard" designation.
I have been building a model of the U.S.S. Oregon, (BB3) for many years now, and I have to say, that Big Beautiful Bast@rd would be quite right.

Personally, I think the pre-war Pennsylvania class (basket-masts) were the best looking of them all!!!

I was on the bridge of the 'Jersey with my Uncle Bill when I was a kid, and I can honestly tell you that the BB designation should actually be BMF

Greetings Guys, and Gals;

I just talked to my brother, ((Bob) aka Robert) He said it was hump day, (Wednesday), when I was a younger person
I use to look forward to this day........... "O" well, and life goes on. Unlike the other siblings in the family I was born
in Ca, Bakersfield. But if you ask me I will deny it. As the story goes my dad found me in a hollow log eating worms,
I recon that makes me a tree Nif, "O" well, like I said before............ life goes on............... :lol:

Everbody have a good day, and Thank You for the Support ................

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back