Beaufighters at Chino?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ProudKerman

Airman
Jan 23, 2015
Hi

I read on the Beauforts wiki page that there are 4 RAAF Beaufighter wrecks at Chino in storage with the Military Aircraft Restoration Corp?
Does anyone know anything about these or where they are now?
Or atleast confirm they are there

I am at Chino airport regularly with the planes of Fame and have not heard of Beaufighter components. Then again, Carl Scholl (Aerotraders) and Yanks Air Museuma re there and I have not asked Carl specifically about Baeufighters, either. The Yanks group are not advertising it if they have it, and the Plane of Fame does NOT have any Beaufighter oarts AFAIK. Steve Hinton's shop is Fighter Rebuilders and they donlt have Beaufighter parts as far as I know ... and I worked there for awhile.

I'll ask around specifically and see if anything surfaces.

Yeah I thought it was strange that it said Beaufighter on the Beaufort page, all the RAAF Beauforts are gone from Chino now right? 2 to UK, 2 to Aus or something

Yeah I thought it was strange that it said Beaufighter on the Beaufort page, all the RAAF Beauforts are gone from Chino now right? 2 to UK, 2 to Aus or something
Do you know of any other Beaufighter locations, apart from the 3 in UK 1 in US 1 in Canada and the 2 here down under? I've had a look at Pacific Wrecks and there doesnt seem to be many decent ones left. Incase you can't tell I'm only a little obsessed with the Beaufighter. I'd love to own a project in the future. Maybe the Canadian guys would trade theres someday, its only sitting in storage

Last edited:
... Maybe the Canadian guys would trade theres someday, its only sitting in storage
No, it's not. It's been dismantled to the last rivet few months/years ago. I hope they are working on it these days...
And you are right, not many airframes to choose from...
TFC's and the Scottish one... but may be you should better look around over there, down under .... :)

Yeah I don't know of any wrecks down here some scattered ones in PNG, but if there are any in Aus is is virtually impossible to get permission to recover them. I'll have to search PNG and surrounds.

interesting stuff. Are there Beauforts there still or are they gone?
If so does anyone know if they are for sale or there serials?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back