best combination of manuverabilty and speed in an allied...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

"The clipped wing Spitfire has a peak roll rate of 150 degs/sec at 200 knots: it is superior to the 190 until 220 knots and then runs slightly below that until also overtaken by the P-51 at 355 knots. "

I wonder if that refers to a P51D?

syscom3 said:
"The clipped wing Spitfire has a peak roll rate of 150 degs/sec at 200 knots: it is superior to the 190 until 220 knots and then runs slightly below that until also overtaken by the P-51 at 355 knots. "

I wonder if that refers to a P51D?

The numbers I show for roll rate is for the P-51B. The numbers I posted for stick effort was for the P-51D model. Generaly the B model has better performance than the D but I would think the roll rate would be consistent between the two.

wmaxt

I admit that I have found this last few postings on the roll rates to be very interesting and I didn't expect the Spit to do as well as it did.
My thanks to all of you who have looked into this. Much appreciated

That is what I am researching right now. Probably wont have anything till next week though, because I wont have much time this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back