Best Special forces (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lets not forget other forces like the Aussie SAS and Canadian JTF2. How do the Israelis perform in non traditional climates and geography

I'm smiling at some of these bold statements within this thread, some of you are totally clueless.

lets just say from this old sage that each of the ones mentioned came up from the bottom ranks to where they are, continuing to be the most elite force under elite leadership - hopefully- some are, are not.

Training, training training, observing, planning, obrserving, stop, think, listen and wait for the right opportunity for your chance.......

and of course the possible off-shoots and there are many in very small bands, each with their own distinct specialty

One of the biggest requirements IMO of any special operatives is mental attitude this is the primary requirment.
It is almost impossible to select one over another as being covert in nature the public face is very often different to the operational one
Mr Ryan, writer of Bravo Two Zero is not very highly thought of by
The Regiment. Spouting off about the SAS is frowned upon and to make money out of what to all intense and purposes was a **** up mission even more so.

I honestly think you can not put one single one down as the best. It depends on the mission and the requirement. Each SF force has its advantages and disadvantages based off of the mission and requirent and what they train the most for.

One of the biggest requirements IMO of any special operatives is mental attitude this is the primary requirment.
It is almost impossible to select one over another as being covert in nature the public face is very often different to the operational one
Mr Ryan, writer of Bravo Two Zero is not very highly thought of by
The Regiment. Spouting off about the SAS is frowned upon and to make money out of what to all intense and purposes was a **** up mission even more so.

It was 'Andy McNabb' who wrote B20, 'Chris Ryan' wrote 'the one that got away' - see Peter Radcliffe's (22 SAS RSM) book 'the eye of the storm' for an interesting perspective on Mr McNabb, his part in the failure, and his opus.

As above think it's an unanswerable question, the answer is probably most of them :)

In connection to a previous members line of question regarding the Taakmag or special task force of South Africa, they as i understand it are more of a police squad with similar stage training to most special force in the world their training include HALO jumps ,clearance diving and Bomb teqh, i worked with some of these ex cops in private contract and they are elite ,most have left because of changing attitudes in SA, this is a clip i found on youtube ,as i understand it they have nine stages in their selection which includes this first month where they do the 200km march with 50kg train track and ball over three days without food and water and no sleep

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5mv2vg0oZA
The real military special forces in South Africa is the RECCE`S which was known as the toughest insurgent tracking unit ,these days they combine both sea and land operations and compete very effectively

Sir you been a CANADIAN if one remembers you have a very very good SF unit namley the SRU. First came across them in a film with Y.Brinner in the lead roll

The one thing i can remember training with the Americans troops were the fantastic equipement you guys had, and how great it was to get my hands on some of it. The best special forces ,are the units that can survive with limit support and equipment, a few of my mates went and joined the foreign legion who now issue very old equipment to both their clearance divers and infantry but still maintain a high standard in operations and training.

I honestly think you can not put one single one down as the best. It depends on the mission and the requirement. Each SF force has its advantages and disadvantages based off of the mission and requirent and what they train the most for.

Very well said . . .

I think you'd have to narrow it down to some very specific instances as to who was best in what scenario; there are some decent "all-rounders", like the SAS and SEAL's, whereas some are very good at specific scenarios, like the FBI HRT, Delta and the Israeli Sayeret Mat'kal (see the movie Munich).

I think that was the intelligence service Mossad, not the defense forces. I could be wrong.

You could be right; I'm planning on reading the book the movie was based on, Vengeance: The True Story Of an Israeli Counter-Terrorist Team, by George Jonas, one of the members of the Team. I've got it on order from my local library; I'll let you know "the truth".

Very well said . . .

I think you'd have to narrow it down to some very specific instances as to who was best in what scenario; there are some decent "all-rounders", like the SAS and SEAL's, whereas some are very good at specific scenarios, like the FBI HRT, Delta and the Israeli Sayeret Mat'kal (see the movie Munich).

I agree and I am sure that some of our members who have Spec Op experience will agree as well.

I almost agree Adler... In the SEAL Teams, there are Platoons that train for very specific mission profiles, ie diving, land warfare, anti-terrorism etc etc... Also, each Teammate has specialized training in a couple different enviornments, be it in the arctic, the desert, mountains, jungle or swamp...

Mate served in 6RAR and loads of time in private security abroad. Worked with ex special forces guys from US police and military very quick on the gun but at least you have great support and most of the time they can back up what they say,Britain every one things they are special ops,the South-African both police and military very gutsy and pro, and some great ex Rhodesian or Zimbawean guys. The question i had to ask myself was when NZL and AUS infantry were outclassing some countries special forces how special could they really be ?

SEAL, SAS, Delta Force etc etc, have all been mentioned I'm sure - So, don't know if these have already been mentioned, but, don't forget the GSG-9 KSK-9.

The GSG-9 (Anti terror) won every event at the SWAT World Challenge 2005, and won again in 2006 with 4 first places in the 8 different competitions. Top notch unit.

The KSK-9 (Germany's SAS / Military Spec-Ops unit) is the equal of any special forces in the world.

Also don't forget the Danish Jäger-Korps, they're second to none.

So which is the best ? I seriously can't say, but the SAS JägerKorps rank highest IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back