Best Special forces (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nonskimmer said:
He's a clearance diver by the sound of it. Their physical training is the toughest anywhere. I've been led to believe it's on par with that of special forces, including the US Navy SEALs (minus the hand-to-hand and small arms stuff of course), so it's probably no surprise then that he did some training with them. My wife's cousin is a bubble head too. Those guys can get a little nuts.

Ok thanks.

Its been 7 years since I have seen him in person. Only via email do we talk now, b/c he has been in UK training for years. He has now moved back to Canada on the east coast. Maybe one day he and I can sit down and talk more about his career.

Yes he can be nuts, I have heard a few stories of his and they make me laugh. Hardcore comes to mind when I think of him. He has told me how tough his training has been and he is in very good condition when ever I have seen him, not much if any fat on him. But even he said how tough the US Seal training was, but he loved ever second of it. He had alot of respect for those men.

Not sure what year it was but I am sure you will know NS when that airliner went down off the east coast of Canada. He was one of the guys diving down to the plane and pulling bodies out of the ocean. He said it was pretty sick sight to see, many dead.

I will have to go with Les on this and say it depends on the mission. For good all around force, and when the fit hits the shan, the US Navy SEALs are top in my book, but then, they got my ass out of a jam many years ago. The Israelis were damn hardcore as well. If you have a downed pilot that needs to be picked up, the USAF PJs are professional soldiers of the highest caliber.

The SAS guys that I ran into in various capacities were also good. I also ran across German commandos in various places. I saw them in action on a few occasions and they were in and out with a high degree of success and lethality. Koreans were some crazy mofos.

I don't think that it is possible to keep national bias out of it, especially if you have worked with them. I give a nod to ANY special operations warrior. They all have tough jobs to do and all of the ones that I have seen and/or worked with have all been top notch guys. There are no dirtbags in spec-ops.

Hunter368 said:
Not sure what year it was but I am sure you will know NS when that airliner went down off the east coast of Canada. He was one of the guys diving down to the plane and pulling bodies out of the ocean. He said it was pretty sick sight to see, many dead.
That was in '98 off Peggy's Cove, not far from Halifax. I know a few guys who pulled the bodies out, and yes it was pretty grotesque. I helped to set up one of the makeshift morgues. That was a helluva crash.

I have a relation who worked with special forces in Ireland, but he didn't say which ones. He wasn't special forces but was in bomb disposal and worked with them. If they received word of a bomb in a pub club whatever, they used to go in dressed as civilians to check it out before the Army officially turned up. He would look the place over for the bomb, and special forces would act as 'minders. and look for the ambush. On a number of occaisions the locals twigged as they obviously weren't local but rarely gave the game away because they knew they were there to help. As the bombers didn't bomb there own places they didn't know who the locals were.

One thing that suprised me was when he told me that the majority of the special forces people weren't the large muscular types, often they were smaller and lean.

His party piece these days is to hold a conversation with himself in different Irish accents, doesn't sound funny but its hysterical.

One thing that suprised me was when he told me that the majority of the special forces people weren't the large muscular types, often they were smaller and lean.
What weird is that making the cut into Spec War Operations usually has nothing to do with ur size, but with ur willpower, self-motivation and ability to ignore pain....

I worked with guys that were 5'5" 160 lbs and 6'5" 225 lbs.... There was no common size... There were 3 big guys like myself in my BUD/s class, 2 of us made it through...

lesofprimus said:
What weird is that making the cut into Spec War Operations usually has nothing to do with ur size, but with ur willpower, self-motivation and ability to ignore pain....

I worked with guys that were 5'5" 160 lbs and 6'5" 225 lbs.... There was no common size... There were 3 big guys like myself in my BUD/s class, 2 of us made it through...

General Eisenhower had a great saying.

"It isnt the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog"

The Irish army ranger wing is on a par with any special forces in the world.They are elite ,although a very small force in comparision to most other forces.They have operational experience in Liberia ,south Lebannon , Somalia, East Timor and Ireland .Unlike other forces the shun the limelight and do their job quietly and professionally.Most people are aware of units like the S.E.A.L 's and the S.A.S and are highly regarded ( and rightly so .).But other small nations have units which,although less well funded are equally professional.

While i am not here to say the special forces of the mexican army are some of "the best", click on the link to see a video of the independence day military parade held in mexico city this year. A friend of mine who has a brother in the mexican army sent the link to me. He told me these soldiers train in the U.S.A.

At least, the parade looks very neat. :)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp1o-OrsFuc

I always wanted to know if the irish Ranger wing trained with S.E.A.L's or Delta.I only know for a fact they do train with the 10th Special forces group.Could you shed any light on this,please.

Les: interesting comments there. Do you think the fact Mexico is not a nation with strong overseas economic/political interests can influence the performance level of those soldiers?

Mexico has not experienced any major war since the XIX century when the mexican army got its ass utterly kicked. A minor participation was experienced during WWII when only one fighter squadron served in the PTO as a member of the allied side.

In the case of the soldiers from Netherlands and Greece we know both nations are NATO members; also in the case of the Greeks add the Turkey factor to scene, so it would not be surprising to see their soldiers striving for the best standards.

What do you think?

A positive mental attitude is important in any way of life ,but essential in the military. " Never let the Bas*%^ get you down ".
A quote I always liked " The great gales of Ireland are the men that god made mad, for all their war's are merry and all their song's are sad ".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back