Best WW2 Weapon...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Tests during the war concluded that the M3/M3A1 was better and more reliable than the Thompson, which is one of the reasons the M3 was adopted(that, and $$$$$) I'd have to vote STEN for best SMG, though, since it beat the M3, and the Thompson!. The Thompson definitely had the "cool factor" but cool ain't everything, it was heavy and awkward to carry, and the ammo weighed a bunch............

Aha that is as stated in the artical pretty much a light support weapon, sort of like the SAW today. Easy to carry, not too big but it is deffinatly not an assault weapon or sub machine gun.

I don't believe that the US had any official snipers in ww2 but it is a fiction that the 03 Springfield was more accurate than the Garand. A Garand could be made to shoot just as accurately and it was used as a sniper rifle in Korea. I question whether a M98 was any more accurate than the Garand either. Garands were like any rifle some more accurate than others. I was fortunate that old 5182609 was an extremely accurate example of the breed. It was capable of a lot more accuracy than the shooter but I still fired expert with it on the KD range. The Browning Hi Power is a nice pistol but the 9 mm parabellum round does not compare to the 45 acp in stopping power. I have a Browning as well as a 1911 government model Colt and I don't believe the Browning would be as reliable on the battlefield as the Colt.

Aha that is as stated in the artical pretty much a light support weapon, sort of like the SAW today.
Ah okay. I didn't read all the way trhough the article until about 18 minutes ago... :rolleyes:

ww2 but it is a fiction that the 03 Springfield was more accurate than the Garand. A Garand could be made to shoot just as accurately and it was used as a sniper rifle in Korea. I question whether a M98 was any more accurate than the Garand either. Garands were like any rifle some more accurate than others. I was fortunate that old 5182609 was an extremely accurate example of the breed. It was capable of a lot more accuracy than the shooter but I still fired expert with it on the KD range.

Really? cool. Since it's semi auto and has convinient en-bloc clips it's far superior to the springfield.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back