BF-109 G6 and P-47 idea

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

well, I sprayed the bottom with a flat yellow last night (took a couple coats) but it looks great! though I'm thinking I should have done the top with olive drab first then done the bottom. make it easier. XD

alright, I sprayed glosscote on the plane yesterday. I'm gonna do the decals sometime today.

c24e39bb.jpg

Looking good! 8) Captured Thunderbolts IMO look pretty cool ,captured 109's on the other hand.....

Coming along nicely Robert, but we're going to have to get you out of that habit of attaching the landing gear, prop etc before painting. Believe me (us), it's MUCH easier to paint without all of the dangly, sticky-out, easily broken off bits all over the place!

I can make my peace with the landing gear, guys. but the props, that was hell to get to stay on. the rod that the prop attaches to does not press against anything, so I had to attach the prop first then stick the engine inside THEN attach the cowling to the fuselage.

heh, I never mentioned that.

I actually find they fit together quite nicely :)

heh, thanks, guys!

I was about to do the decals when i realized I haven't even painted the prop or the landing gear yet!! :lol: I just gotta make one last finishing touch to the prop and then it's off to decaling! :D

ok, I'm in the middle of decaling. shouldn't take me more than a half hour to an hour to finish them.

and Terry, the 1/72 swastikas you sent me, those are too small for the P-47 so I'm gonna save them for a future 1/72 BF-109. (hopefully an E version) so I'm gonna use the solid black swastikas on the P-47 and the black swastikas with a white border on them on the JU-87.

again, thank you so much, Terry!

alright, just finished the P-47. I'm uploading to photobucket, now. but the pics will b eposted in a separate thread. :) I just started on the BF-109

okidoke! I've almost completely assembled the 109. just the basic stuff, fuselage, wings, tail, etc.

ok, ok, I took your guys' advice and did nto attach the landing gear OR the prop! XD I also didn't attach the exhaust pipes either. but I did do the cannons. I thoguht that would make it look meaner XD

a7234d8a.jpg

543cbf1a.jpg

7fb829e6.jpg

b2949221.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back