Billy Joel

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

B-17engineer

Colonel
Dec 9, 2007
Revis Island.
Does anyone like him here? I personally do and got concert tickets to see him in July!:)

I enjoy most of his songs:Leningrad, Only the GOod DIe young, Scenes from an Italian Restaurant, Piano Man, ANgry young man, Keeping the Faith, A Matter of trust, His version of back in the USSR (Beatles originally), etc.

I didn't know he was still doing concerts - last I heard he was doing the 'Face to face' concerts with Elton John (in '99, I think it was), but just before the Vienna concert had to pull out due to problems with his throat. They later released a statement saying that he could still do albums but had to stop doing concerts.
He's a great musician, I especially love his 70's/'80's songs.

Me too, yes he still does concerts. IN 2005 or 2006 i forget he did his 12 gardens live play 12 nights in a row

Not since I saw him in concert many years ago. New Years Eve, Madison Square Garden and he plays for only about an hour. A New York guy like Billy Joel has got to do a better job than that in the Garden.

By comparison I saw Springsteen on New Years a few year before that and he played for over 5 1/2 hours.

TO

I remember I was using 'The Bridge' as one of the test records when I was preparing HiFi car systems for competitions... some century ago !

Some good song, a neat recording quality, but it did not stroke me as a masterpiece.

Reminded me a bit of Elton John, and i never have been a big fan of this music.

I think Billy Joel is a great guy. he's not my fave, but I do like some of his songs. my #1 fave of his is "Why should I worry" from the Disney movie Oliver and Company (yes I'm a Disney movie fan <3)

My favourite is 'My life' - helped changed the way I think about the world when I was younger:

"First they'll tell you you can't sleep alone in a strange place,
Then they'll tell you you can't sleep with somebody else.
Ah, but sooner or later you'll sleep in your own space,
Either way, it's okay, you wake up with yourself"

I took it to mean that no matter what people tell you, as long as you live honest and do what you feel is right, you're doing okay.

Never saw the clip- we didn't even have a TV till I was 6, but it's a good song. 'Still rock'n'roll to me' is another classic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back