Bing pics

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Njaco

The Pop-Tart Whisperer
Feb 19, 2007
Southern New Jersey
I found about Bing.com a few days ago and I'm having fun checking out the satellite pics. These are different than Google as they include 'Bird's Eye Aerial' views which are cool. Here are a couple I'v grabbed off the site so far..

Bing

First is the USS New Jersey at the Camden waterfront.

Second pic is across from the New Jersey at Penn's Landing showing the USS Olympia.

3rd pic is Duxford Airfield in England. (whats that to the right?)

and lastly Chino Airport in California.

Attachments

• USSNJ01.jpg
    USSNJ01.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 452
  • Olympia01.jpg
    Olympia01.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 393
  • duxford01.jpg
    duxford01.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 370
  • Chino01.jpg
    Chino01.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 397
Good pic's, Chris. Boy ! They sure pack them in at Chino. Wings overlapping..... ouch !

To the right at Duxford..... could that be a B-17 ??

Charles

The B-17.

These pics are pretty cool. They take aerial shots and make a collage of an aera. One other thing. In each pic center bottom is a circular button. Pressing that moves the pic and you get the same subject but from a different angle! Its great.

Great stuff Chris. The B17 is 'Sally B', the airworthy B17 based at Duxford, and above it, outside the hangar, is the Catalina, also airworthy.

I've been playing with this ever since your original post, Njaco. Thanks for the heads-up! Thus far, I've looked at Davis Monthan, Pearl, Bremerton, Groton, Norfolk, and various personal landmarks. Way cool!

Thanks again!

Neil, when I have the pic on the screen, I hit the "Print Screen" button, usually on the right side of a keyborad. I then open up the "Paint" program that I believe comes with every PC and 'paste' onto a new screen. Then I crop with the 'crop' tool and open a new page and 'paste'. Then save. It usually saves as a bmp. so I then open one of my graphics programs - GIMP - and open the pic and save as a .jpg. Time consuming but it works well.

Wheels, I just searched "Chino' then searched over the area. You may be correct as there were a few buildings and trying to pick out what was what became difficult as I have never been there.

Post some pics of what you guys have found!!! I'm running out of areas to check out.

A couple more.....

The Statue of Liberty (2 pics)

The Uss Intrepid (I believe in Bayonne, NJ)

The Submarine Museum in New Groton, CT

And the WWII Memorial, Washington, DC

Attachments

• war001.jpg
    war001.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 302
  • submarine001.jpg
    submarine001.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 328
  • intrepid.jpg
    intrepid.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 304
  • liberty002.jpg
    liberty002.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 329
  • liberty001.jpg
    liberty001.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 284
  • war002.jpg
    war002.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 302
Neil, when I have the pic on the screen, I hit the "Print Screen" button, usually on the right side of a keyborad. I then open up the "Paint" program that I believe comes with every PC and 'paste' onto a new screen. Then I crop with the 'crop' tool and open a new page and 'paste'. Then save. It usually saves as a bmp. so I then open one of my graphics programs - GIMP - and open the pic and save as a .jpg. Time consuming but it works well.

Wheels, I just searched "Chino' then searched over the area. You may be correct as there were a few buildings and trying to pick out what was what became difficult as I have never been there.

Post some pics of what you guys have found!!! I'm running out of areas to check out.

Paint will save the photos as a jpeg too Njaco.
You need to use the "Save As" feature instead of "Save".

You definitely got the Yanks Museum with your printscreen.
As you can see both museums are almost right next door to one another.

Wheels

Attachments

• Planes_of_Fame_Yanks_Museum.jpg
    Planes_of_Fame_Yanks_Museum.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 293
Buffalo Naval Park . USS Little Rock, and USS Sullivan
Canadian Warbird Heritage
HMCS Haida

Attachments

• cwh.jpg
    cwh.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 278
  • GetMap.jpg
    GetMap.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 276
  • hai.jpg
    hai.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 302
a composite view I made of the Philadelphia Navy yard and some mothballed ships.

Attachments

• navy65.jpg
    navy65.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
Now here is something interesting. As I zoomed in on a carrier at the Philly Navy Yard, there is No. '67' at dock. But as you zoom in closer, it changes to '66'!!! I made a composite of the '66' Carrier. Anybody know which ships these are? I think one is the USS John F. Kennedy.

Attachments

• navy002.jpg
    navy002.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 131
  • navy66.jpg
    navy66.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 133

Users who are viewing this thread

Back