"...birds in different colours...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

MarkElder

Airman
Jan 23, 2010
Chesterfield, VA
How about these "Birds" (Bf109's) in different colours?

Attachments

• Bf109G6_Fin_48.JPG
    Bf109G6_Fin_48.JPG
    186.3 KB · Views: 159
  • Bf109G14Conv_48s.jpg
    Bf109G14Conv_48s.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 156
  • HartmannG14a.JPG
    HartmannG14a.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 131
  • HartmannG14b.JPG
    HartmannG14b.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 130
  • RHAFbf109K4Dio.jpg
    RHAFbf109K4Dio.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 161
Very nice collection of Bf 109s indeed! Which scale are they?
I especially like Hartmman's mount, but not sure about that Hungarian G-6 though ("Red H7"). Never seen that scheme before. Doubt it's historically accurate as Hungarians used their "arrow" insignia early in the war before they received G-6s. Nothing wrong with "what if" build of course. Looks quite interesting actually. Great work Mark.

Last edited:
Looking good.However I suggest resizing pictures before posting.The best width is 800-830 pixels. It will allow us to see them fully on screens without scrolling left to right and back.
Are these your models? If yes, I would suggest to post them in a thread titled "Post Youir Models" or if these aren't in the thread "Post models that aren't yours". Also there is no need to start a new thread for each of your models. you can do that in one thread titled " My own modells" for instance.

Thanks! The 1/48 Hungarian Bf109G-14 was made from the Hasegawa G-6 kit years ago, before the G-14 had been released. I used a resin conversion kit with new upper wings, fuselage section w/ "tall tail", new wheels/tires, and various other parts.

Wow, I've been "snookered" on my Hungarian '109 markings? Years ago I obtained reference drawing (no photo, admittadly) of this scheme, and the decals came from a major decal manufacturer IIRC. I'll look through my stash of references and decal instructions, and get bnack to you. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back