Bone fragments for DNA analysis...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

seesul

Senior Master Sergeant
Yes it is Roman and if you need any assistance I'll call that number for you.

Roman - I just called them and left a message. I'll try to act as "middle man" for you. Any details about the crash site where you found the bones?

I just sent an e mail to a USAF Chief Master Sgt. who just recruited one of the USAF life support guys who I work with to go over to Viet Nam to recover some remains. I'll keep you posted if I hear from him.

Joe

Thank you all!

Just to clear story up. On August 29,1944, 8 Forts and 1 Liberator went down close to my born town. 41 airmen were KIA and 28 from them were buried in the mass grave in my born town, the others at the other local cemeteries. Exhumated in 1946 and reburied in France or USA.
It means, that all the bodies were collected by Germans and there´s no one MIA today.

Anyway, a friend of mine, looking for some wreck fragments with his metal detector in the woods,has found also a little bone fragment there.

So as I said, having the fragment, the list of crewmembers, a crash site localisation and MACR I just wanna know, whom this bone fragment belonged to.

I won´t post any futher details to the crash site as this site is visited also by Czech people and some of them might have a metal detector...so I don´t wanna send them to the crash site...

Joe, many thanks for your help, the rest in PM I´ll sent you yet...

Still, there's always a chance that one of those crewmen is still listed as Missing, Presumed Dead, I guess. Corpsman George Wahlen (Navy corpsman with the Marines on Iwo) was awarded two Navy Crosses, and a posthumous CMH....which he personally went to accept from President Truman at the WhiteHouse. Just sayin, records aren't always accurate.

Roman - sent you a status on this - JPAC opened a file on this so we have someone looking into it!!!

All - we'll update you on this as we get more info - I'd like to say that I am honored to work with Roman on this "project."

Thank you all and especially to Joe for his help!
But I really don´t know if they will be interested in the fragment ID when this flyboy was KIA and is not listed as MIA.

Anyway, in case of real interest from JPAC side I´ll send the fragment to them.
Yes, we will keep you informed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back