Breakfast with the deer

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thats pretty cool. Looks like the couple is sitting down to eat some sort of steak. Wouldnt that be funny if they were eating deer meet, hmmm, no wonder they invite the deer to come eat with them.

Neat. Wonder what's for Breakfast? Whatever it was it must have been pretty tasty.
Buddy knew a couple that raised a Doe Fawn to adulthood. she lived out in the wild, but would come to the house, open the door and walk right in. Her favorite was eating peanuts off the Coffee table.

Last edited:
How cool would that be.

Yeah, right up to the point where one of them passes a few ticks your way and you end up with Lime's Disease. Sorry for being a curmudgeon about this but deer are wild animals and should be treated as such. They are a huge problem where I live - eating crops, banzai-charging cars (and usually coming off second-best in the process) etc. I know they were here first etc etc but encouraging them to see humans as non-threatening just makes things worse...unless you're a hunter, in which case it makes your job easier.

Agreed Bucksnort...which leads me back to my original point that taming wild deer is just plain stupid - Bambi was a cartoon not real life!

I susect these deer are conditioned to seeing these particular humans and still have a healthy fear of other humans, probably not as much as they should. The "pet" deer I mentioned in my first post still shyed away from unknown people for the most part.

Heh. I kept expecting Bubba (off-camera) to start unloading with an AK or M16 or something!

Also noticed the "strategically" placed tailgate website advertising...

I was hiking at work while when a spotted fawn started actually following me up until it fell down into a rather deep ditch. He had a pretty nasty wound on his rear covered in maggots so it was quite evident that mother had abandoned him for some reason. I brought him into my newly carpeted office where he proceeded to pee on said new carpet. Wild Life rescue came that night and tried nursing him. He ended up dying from pneumonia. The little bucket was about 15 cm across.

For the record, I'm a pretty hardcore outdoors man and love to hunt.

Attachments

• fawn.jpg
    fawn.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 149
Poor little Guy/Gal. I too am a hunter, but I hate to see any animal suffer. This year was the first time in over 30 years of Deer hunting that I hit an animal and did not recover it. Made me feel sick to my stomach, and not want to continue to hunt anymore this year. I'm pretty sure the aminal was killed and did not go to waste as it certainlyfed many other critters in the woods. It's still a sick feeling though.
Well, this ain't a hunting thread so back to deer, what does one serve at a fully catered Deer feed?

I recommend 'Cookies for deer'.
It's cheap.

Attachments

• 20080413230001.jpg
    20080413230001.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 87
  • 5f5d62bf.jpg
    5f5d62bf.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 84
Shin's pic of the idiot feeding that male brings up a short story as my bride and I were coming back from the Crandalls in Montana a year ago. we stopped outside of Enterprise Oregon up close to the Blue mtns and near a ski resrot area, a big open grass field there were at least 6-7 bucks sitting around full racks just wasting time in the filtered sun, campiong was at a premium anyway and the bucks had big enough balls just to walk right through each and every campground with stupid folks trying to hand feed them. the killer pic was the woman actually bending over and holding onto this big powerful animal while he was trying to feed off the grasses he came up sharply with his rack flattened his ears and gave her a harsh look and she backed up laughed and tried to grab him again as he mossied off to the rgiht and out of their campsite with her trying to follow him. we were standing maaybe 50 feet away looking at her wondering when he was going to turn around and gore her to death. in this case as said earlier the deer both male/female are TOO dang tamed for the area, but.............what would it take for them to turn, lets face it they still are wild and this is their home.

OK, I'll take care:evil:

Attachments

• img70_PICT0073s.jpg
    img70_PICT0073s.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 92

Users who are viewing this thread

Back