Brooks' Photos

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Got this Tuesday evening. Didn't have my big lens so made do with my 18/55. Blew it up and cropped it. It's the best I could do with the small lens. The tanker is a KC-135, can't tell what the trailing craft is.

Got this Tuesday evening. Didn't have my big lens so made do with my 18/55. Blew it up and cropped it. It's the best I could do with the small lens. The tanker is a KC-135, can't tell what the trailing craft is.View attachment 103553

Errrrr....isnt this where this thread started from...two planes refuellling ?.

Take a look back and see how things have progressed with your pics....and ignore the fact that its the same old planes flying overhead, at least you have advanced !!

Yeah, I know, I've seen them a hundred times since the first shot and either don't have my camera or have the wrong lens. So I just said to hell with it and shot two or three. They did come out better than I thought they would but you still can't see them.

all kit has limitaions Aaron the secret is knowing that some shots aint worth trying to get Ive been to airshows and I have seen guys shooting at tiny specs in the sky and even with big lenses you know its a waste of time.
I just enjoy the view if its out of range of my gear or I have the wrong lens on.

Ok, so I went out today and shot within lens range all day even though it was not within my range. Went further up the Creeper Trail and shot trestles #38 and 39. Got a lot of exercise and a few bug bites but had a lot of fun. At first I couldn't get the green hew out of the shot until I crammed the RGB setting as far as it would go into the blue. Took a while to figure out what to do but I got like I wanted it. Hope you like.

Users who are viewing this thread