Buddy System

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'm from Minnesota originaly, and we been keeping an eye on those canadians; they been quiet since 1814 or so, they're probably up to something

I'm bumping this thread as it is so very important.

We've recently lost two very valuable members of the forum. One member, even though many here had personal contact, didn't use the "Buddy System" and his passing wasn't noticed for months. The other member used the "Buddy System" and the forum was immediately informed of his passing.

The point is that regardless of what your life may be outside of the forum, I believe that here you have a family - and one that cares. We do want to know when you are having some problems in life and want to help. I know this is just the Internet to some but underneath its still people meeting people - an instinct that is inherent in all human beings. So please use the "Buddy System".

We do care.

I am available to anyone on this forum, as a buddy. I already have buddies in Oz, Calif., Washington (state), Poland and quite a few other places.
PM me.

Charles

monty_python_spam.jpg

I think I follow you now. I believe it's referring to the site going down (possibly because of spammers) and how handy it would have been if we had contact information outside of this site. I for one have very few email addys so it was a challange to try and find out what happened.

the Forum's buddy system also works in the event that a member becomes MIA or there's disaster, etc. and we need to keep in contact.

An example would be if my accident turned out worse than it did, I would have been MIA except for the friends here that are also friends at facebook and would have relayed the news back to the forum.

I was able to keep Merv (Ontos) informed about the forum via email, since he doesn't have a FB account.

It's not a bad idea, really and one that more folks may want to consider.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back