Buddy System

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I was just relaying that while some of us have Facebook accounts - not all do and with the forum down recently (the 'nastiness' :) ) we need to take advantage of the Buddy System.

I'm all in favour of that. I did miss the forum and wondered how, if and when it would get back on line. It would have been a shame to have lost touch with you guys. A back up plan is needed.
Could a mod hold a separate email / facebook account details list and use that as a 'global' contact thing for the people who wanted to be involved?
Just a thought.
John

If you have an email adres of some sorts John, you could contact one of us, send him that adres, so he can contact you whenever the forum is down again. I've got several email adresses and the facebook group, which worked quite well.

Hi, Marcel, what is the facebok group's name?

In light of the recent discussion in another thread, I thought I'd bump this one a little :)

By the way, I just found out that a person can send an email to a facebook user in the form of a private message if the sender happens to know the facebook user's account name. For example, my FB account name is Graugeist (I know, big surprise, right?) and sending me a private message via email can be done by addressing the email: graugeist(at)facebook(dot)com and whatever message is composed will be delivered into my FB private messages.

This should work for folks who might need to contact an FB user but don't have an FB account. All that is needed, is the FB user's account name.

I want to bump this thread.

Its been about a year since we lost two good members of the forum and in their honor, I guess, I want to make sure that everyone has a buddy or a way to contact someone if things in life change. Reach out to someone, use this system and know that there are others who do care about what happens in your life.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back