Calling All East Coast Warbird Fans!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

You guys definitely have fun this weekend. Unfortunately my annual family reunion date was changed from July to June...this weekend, so i'm staying here in the mountains. I do love all my aunts, uncles and cousins....maybe I can talk them into running around the park and make tank and airplane noises and thne if i squint my eyes just right...?
:)

Can't wait to see some pics of the weekend.
Derek

]The place is set up with numerous WWII re-enactors in camps made to look like the ETO or PTO - Allied, German and Japanese. This includes the vehicles used including tanks, halftrack, jeeps, etc. During the show, they usually have battles out on the field with all the equipment. And if thats not enough, there is a huge flea market of WWII memorbilia. I got lost just looking over the books, weapons, shirts, etc. Amazing! They also have book signings and special guests who appear, a Swing Dance and dinner - all kinds of stuff to transport ya back to 1943.[/B]

Do they do anything like this on the West Coast(SoCal)?? How about WW2Aircraft.net gatherings in or around Southern California??

I'm sure they must have something similar on the Left Coast - can't imagine its only us! As for WW2aircraft.net meetings - well, there is nothing official but if a bunch of us happen to occupy the same bit of earth at the same time..........:)

ONE MORE DAY!!!

I'm sure they must have something similar on the Left Coast - can't imagine its only us! As for WW2aircraft.net meetings - well, there is nothing official but if a bunch of us happen to occupy the same bit of earth at the same time..........:)

ONE MORE DAY!!!

Can't Wait!

I may set a personal record for "most photos taken" (and videos) at an airshow!

Even my wife is getting excited! :rolleyes:

TO

Cool! We're getting ready as we speak (?). Gonna go to Lancaster tommorrow morn then the motel in the afternoon. Make reservations for about 7pm Sat restaurant and then off I am to the show at 7am Sat. to set up. I'm all ready - camera, binoculars, umbrellas, poncho (don't care about the rain), cooler with water, and a backpack for all the goodies to buy!! :) We even printed out store coupons for the pre-wife to use while she shops at the outlet stores!

Looking for the schedule of events and found this pic. This is what all youse guys are missing!! You can still come!!

Oh and I wish I had $1195 for the ride in the Mustang or the Dauntless. They have 8 planes giving rides!!! Wish I was rich!

Attachments

• IMG_0476.jpg
    IMG_0476.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 75
Chris, not sure if can bring a cooler in. Last time I packed my backpack with water bottles and it worked out OK (think it's gonna be hot, though not like 2 years ago).

You're going at 7 AM? I thought the doors open at 8:30 AM. Anyway, I guess we should set up chairs and umbrellas as early as possible near the flight line.

7:00 PM Saturday nite at TGIF sounds good!

Anything else, we'll talk.

TO

Yeah, I thought they opened at :30 - good, another hour of sleep. Will do, I have you cell number and I think you have mine. I have Harrison's dad too.

I WANNA GO NOW!!!!!! :)

Got your number Chris. Hopefully I will get to the airfield at 8:30, just as the doors open. The plan is to plant my chairs and umbrella as early as possible.

TO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back