Calling All East Coast Warbird Fans!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The Mid-Atlantic Air Museum announced yesterday that Mitch Sammons is bringing his 7:10 scale Ju-87"Stuka" replica back to the show again this year.

I've never seen a Ju-87 in person, replica or original.

Very cool!

TO

Attachments

• stuka.jpg
    stuka.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 96
I'm still here! Sorry state testing .... has been tiring me out to say the least. :lol:

I'm going to be in D.C. the 1st, 2nd, 3rd of June then the airshow!!

I'll be there June 11, 12, 13.

Actually will be staying in Arlington and making my first trip to the Air and Space Museum's Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center. Finally get to see the "Enola Gay".

TO

I'll be there June 11, 12, 13.

Actually will be staying in Arlington and making my first trip to the Air and Space Museum's Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center. Finally get to see the "Enola Gay".

TO

Busy traveling week in June and then finally in early August the Bahamas!!

In June... it's D.C., Penn., Mass., Rhode Island, Connecticut...and New York

Jeez H, you on a Campaign trail or what?? :)

One month to go!!!!!

I'm bringing a folding chair and my umbrellas. I have extra chairs, anybody need one?

I'm going over on that Friday afternoon. Planning on taking the pre-wife to dinner that night.

Saturday will being going to the show. Probably hook up with everyone by phone on Fri nite or Sat morn to maybe car-pool?

Then Sat nite plan on a meeting(?) at the TGIF nearby for a Meet-n-Greet - maybe around 8pm or so. Just to BS and eat alittle.

Sunday is open - I may be going to relatives in Lancaster Valley - who knows. I really want to go back to the show and catch some more but don't know what the pre-wife will do. Still open.

Anyway, thats what I have so far. I want to give you my cell number, Harrison, so your Dad can call me if needed.

I'm going over on that Friday afternoon. Planning on taking the pre-wife to dinner that night.

Saturday will being going to the show. Probably hook up with everyone by phone on Fri nite or Sat morn to maybe car-pool?

Then Sat nite plan on a meeting(?) at the TGIF nearby for a Meet-n-Greet - maybe around 8pm or so. Just to BS and eat alittle.

Sunday is open - I may be going to relatives in Lancaster Valley - who knows. I really want to go back to the show and catch some more but don't know what the pre-wife will do. Still open.

Anyway, thats what I have so far. I want to give you my cell number, Harrison, so your Dad can call me if needed.

My plans.....

Leaving NJ early Saturday AM to arrive at the show right at opening. Gonna spend the entire day there. My wife is actually gonna do the show with me rather than go to the outlets. :shock: Like Chris said, we can hook up by phone to fine tune our plans and meet.

Saturday nite at TGIF with all attending memebers sounds like fun. Easy enough to make that plan during the show on Saturday.

Sunday will be like the Bataan Death March as my wife drags me thru the outlets to shop. Then I plan on hitting Cabela's on the way home to hopefully pick up some shooting accessories (ammo, etc.).

TO

you want to take umbrellas!! i am still trying to work it out. i have a couple weddings to go to later in the month and will be out of country in july...hoping i can swing a night or 2.

You'll be very welcome bobby! As it gets closer and you have more concrete plans, let us know. We'll save a seat!

Alright Chris, you can send a PM and I'll PM my cell number and his but, since we have terrible cell service I'll send the home number.

I'm getting picked up early from school Friday and heading over there for the day/night and then Saturday sounds good!

I'm bouncing off the walls here!!! Just got a brochure and it lists who will be attending. Check this out:

Fredrick "Boots" Blesse - Major General USAF
Clarence E. "Bud" Anderson - Do I ned to tell anybody who he is? WooHoo!!
Charles "Mac" McGee - Tuskegee Airman (Fantastic!!)
Herb Ing - Colonel USAF
Richard Cole - Doolittle Raider (Awesome!)
Thomas Griffin - Doolittle Raider (Two of these guys!!!!)
Theodore "Dutch" Van Kirk - Navigator on the Enola Gay
Jack Widowski - Navigator Atomic Mission
Robert Fergason - P-61 Pilot!!!!!
William "Wild Bill" Guarnere - The ORIGINAL Band of Brothers!!!!!!!!
William "Bill" Fili - Polesti Raider and POW!!

and this is the list of some of the planes present:

Avro Lancaster (OMG, where is Lanc when ya need him!!!)
3 B-17s
3 B-25s
3 C-47s
5 P-51s (hope one is that early 'B' model I saw a few years ago!

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds good. Unfortunately a volcano is in the way, so I can't come :( (not that I would have, it's a rather long flight). Luckily I'll be attending the 100-years-of-flight show in August, where I can see a Blériot flying, so if you promise to take nice pictures, I will do that too and we can exchange them :)

Sounds good chris.... hoping my wrist brace and my boot come off..........so it will be a little more comfortable to walk. I hit the curb on my bike. Ah well.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back