Calling All East Coast Warbird Fans! (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'll be there. Already told my wife not to look for me that weekend.

Chris is right. It's a great airshow and there's probably a thousand re-enactors doing their thing to add atmosphere.

Let's do it!

TO

Here's my plan...

I am going to D.C. on the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd of June. Will be back late night on the 3rd.. get some sleep... pack again in the morning and head out to Reading. So it will be busy, but exciting!!

Wish I could make this show, but it's a bit of a trek from Minnesota. Would love to tkae a look at the Black Widow in thier hanger!!!! The Army re-enactor group out there in Reading portrays themselves as members of the 83rd Infantry Division, the Division my Uncle was in during his WWII involvement. Would be interesting to see that and talk to some people with knowledge of the 83rd.

Ok everyone, getting closer to the day. Steve is finalizing plans as I am also. The link I just posted above has almost all the hotels within 5 miles and actually are very close to the famous outlet malls there. As I'm bringing the pre-wife, she can't wait to check out the malls. Anybody else bringing their significant others might want to join in the "Girlfriends Day"! :)

It looks like I will be down Friday afternoon. Steve and I were talking about having a get together Saturday evening with everyone who is going at a local restuarant. There are several like an Olive Garden,Llonestar, etc. Will post some of the local eateries and maybe we can vote which one to go to.

Still working on getting a proper banner printed to show, much better than the hand painted one I did 2 years ago. I won't put a date on it so we can use it in the future.

So lets get together!! Aaron, Charles, Timshatz and all the rest of the East Coast Chapter of WW2Aircraft.net!!! Who is going!!!!

My reservation for the MAAM 20th Anniversary World War II Weekend is confirmed!

Leaving the Jersey Shore at 6:00AM Saturday June 5 to arrive (hopefully) as the gates open. I (should say WE) will be staying at the Courtyard Marriott Saturday night. It's about 5-6 miles from the event. As Chris stated below, we'll be getting together Saturday night for some food, drinks, laughs, bull session.

I know Harrison and family will be there also.

This will be my 4th trip out to Reading, and as Chris and Charles will tell you as well, it's definitely worth the price of admission!

WELCOME TO THE MID-ATLANTIC AIR MUSEUM'S WORLD WAR II WEEKEND

LET'S DO IT!!!!

TO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back