Can't view attachments.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Not sure what you mean Marcel. I've eventually got back here, as Windows decided to install yet more updates as I went to shut down, then It took ages to re-start!
I've had enough of this for today, I've been trying off and on for over 13 hours now, and I'm getting confused due to fatigue I think! I'm going to log out, re-install Firefox, and try again tomorrow, to see if that makes any difference. If it doesn't, then this computer is going to be taken into the hills, and destroyed with 20 rounds of NATO 7.62mm ball, and I'll take up crochetting or lace work instead!!!

If you want to destroy the comp Terry use the Kalashnikov AKM 7.62 mm MG. THe effect will be better. :lol:

Could you tell me if there is possibility of getting the repair option when using IE uninstaller?

Strange - I've just looked at 'Who's Online', and according to that page, I was viewing the Group Build Icons thread! I haven't been anywhere near that for months! Is there something wrong with my user I.D somewhere now??!!!

Strange - I've just looked at 'Who's Online', and according to that page, I was viewing the Group Build Icons thread! I haven't been anywhere near that for months! Is there something wrong with my user I.D somewhere now??!!!

Don't worry. It does that sometimes. I looked and said I was viewing Buck's new Siggy.

I was like..... ya sure I am.

This error indicates the net browser works with the site incorrectly.Humm....

Haven't got an AKM, but I know where ther's a Chinese Type 56, which is a straight copy!
Regarding the repair option, I don't know, as I have no idea if there is an un-installer for IE !!!
One thing I did notice though - one of the updates was supposed to be Active X, and when I followed the Windows instructions for installation, the screen presented something totally different, and I don't know where it's up to! I've had a lot of problems over the last month or so with IE, including virtually daily messages saying the virtual memory is too low, when there is more than enough! It also takes a long time to load sometimes, where, for example, the 'Page Found' time might be shown as 0.17 seconds, when it has actually taken 35 seconds, and still not shown the heading!
I've also had many, many connection failures, Link broken notices etc, when my service provider's chart shows full service and connection, which has been confirmed by their Help Desk.
Before I pack in totally, I'm going to try one more time, and log out, install Firefox, and see what happens. If there's still problems, I'm going to get some sleep, before I kick the living cr*p out of anything that gets in my way!!!

So it seems that there is something wrong with your Windows as well. You might have the whole OS reinstalled..But now you can check if you can repair the existing IE instalation. Try to find in the Windows Add/delete programs option. Then scroll all programs you have installed and find the IE name in the list.When you choos the uninstal option the IE uninstaller should show a window with three options in this. One of them is the repair one.Clicking that The IE should be checking and repaired itself and the system restarted.You might be asked about the restarting.

Just got back and seen your post Wojtek. I'll have a go at that tomorrow, as I've got to get some sleep - I've been on the go for about 36 hours now i think!! It's strange that Windows and IE works on everything else though, even if a little slow at times. I think I'll have my PC checked over, but meanwhile, I've installed Firefox, and I'm getting somewhere, I think!
Now, I get a long, open box on any post with attachments, headed 'Attached Images', but with nothing else in the box. But, if I clear the recent history, the icons for the images then appear. However, if I click on these, a flash screen comes up saying I'm not logged in, even though I've clicked the 'Remember Me' box. So, I log in again, and then Ican view the images. But, I can't get back, because if I click on the 'back' button, it takes me back to the log in box! I then have to scroll to the top of the page, and click on 'Warbird Forums', in order to get to wherever I want to go!
But, I'm too tired now to do any more, or I'll make too many mistakes. So, I'm going to log out, then clear the history, cookies etc, and switch off and see what happens tomorrow.
I'll probably shouting for help I think!!

It might be a virus my friend.But I suspect incorrect updating of the net browser.Possible you made a few mistakes but it not your fault I think.The problem is on the OS side. I always say "what for does it install anything new when the old works very well."

I don't think it's a virus. It sure has something to do with your user account. When not logged in, the forum behaves normal, but the problems start when Terry logs onto the forum. Could it be something on the server-side?

The virtual memory problems indicate that your Windows is at the end of it's live. The best thing for you would be to back-up all your files and find some-one who can re-install your OS.

It would be the forum problem it happened to all of us. But I agree it can be the WinXP OS fault.I think the back-up of all datas can be done anyway.

Thanks Marcel and Wojtek. I'm going to have everything backed up and the PC checked over and rectified as required. A friend updated the whole computer about 6 months ago, and the Windows XP was new, so he should know what to do - I hope!
Meanwhile, today, I am back to getting the empty box with 'Attached Images' heading, but no images! This is when running on Firefox.
I won't try anything else until I've had the computer checked though!

Meanwhile, today, I am back to getting the empty box with 'Attached Images' heading, but no images! This is when running on Firefox.

But what about IE? Do you have the same problem when running?

Right. I'm now running on IE, and I'm now getting the elongated box, with smaller boxes inside, with a red 'X' in each which won't open. Before I changed back, I tried other web-sites using Firefox, as well as e-mail, and everything worked fine, and faster than IE.
I've left a message for my friend who updated my PC, asking him to contact me to check it over.
I'm going to log out again, and try the repair on IE you mentioned Wojtek, so I'll be back in a little while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back