Can't view attachments.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

As a last resort you could get back to the last "safetypoint before you installed Firefox. It might do the trick.

Not sure what you mean Marcel. I've eventually got back here, as Windows decided to install yet more updates as I went to shut down, then It took ages to re-start!

Windows XP has this thingy where you can return the OS into the previous state before you f**ked up. Helped me many times before. Not sure if it'll work in this case but you'll never know.

Use System Restore to Undo Changes if Problems Occur

Ah! Understand now Marcel, thanks. I've done that, and the system told me it couldn't complete the Restore as there were no changes!!!

IM BACK IN BUSINESS!!
I had a look at the IE help pages, and noticed a bit about problems. So, following the instructions, I removed IE8, and let the programme refresh and revert back to the original Internet explorer, before the update to IE8. Now, I can see all pics, and everything is working properly on the forum, so far!
Yippee!!
It seems that IE8 doesn't like working on the forum in some applications, and the Help pages hinted that this might be the case on some web-sites.
So, thank you VERY much Marcel and Wojtek for your attention and help, I really do appreciate it.
Now I can get back to normal!

IM BACK IN BUSINESS!!
I had a look at the IE help pages, and noticed a bit about problems. So, following the instructions, I removed IE8, and let the programme refresh and revert back to the original Internet explorer, before the update to IE8. Now, I can see all pics, and everything is working properly on the forum, so far!
Yippee!!
It seems that IE8 doesn't like working on the forum in some applications, and the Help pages hinted that this might be the case on some web-sites.
So, thank you VERY much Marcel and Wojtek for your attention and help, I really do appreciate it.

Glad you got things sorted!

IM BACK IN BUSINESS!!
Yippee!!

Good show! Remember to delete that history and cookies from time to time to keep speed up.
Still, the problems with FF are strange.

Hi Roman. Firefox still won't show the pics on the forum, although everything else is working OK with it. I'm running on IE7 now. The Microsoft information and help centre intimated that an update to IE8 might not allow certain applications to work properly on some web-sites and, although it didn't say what these 'certain applications' might be, suggested that removing IE8 and letting the system automatically install and update IE7 should allow things to work as before. So, I'm sticking with IE7 for now, until I have my PC checked over, including the CD writer, which is still causing problems. The chap who was going to do it had to go away on business, but he's back now, and is going to try to sort out any problems asap.

I'm going to try it again when I know the PC is 100% Roman. It certainly is a lot faster, and better overall, and if I can see pics on the forum it'll be great. But for now, I have to stick with IE7.

Terry, if all you do on the computer is the standard stuff, internet and office etc. and you don't play games that much, please consider Linux for your next install. It's not nearly as difficult as most say, in fact I found it quite similar in use to Windows. It has a few advantages above Windows though. It doesn't use a registry (which quite often causes problems in Windows), doesn't slow down over time (like Windows does), doesn't fragment your HD, doesn't need an anti-virus program (no Linux virusses) and doesn't use as much resources.Last of all: it's free.
I actually got bored with the Linux system as I never had to repair my computer since I use UBUNTU linux :lol: Seems like everything just works. With Windows I always got little challenges.

Thanks Marcel, that sounds interesting. I don't use any games or flight sims on my computer, so when I get the PC checked out, I'll have a look at Linux.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back