CAPTURED AIRCRAFT - ODD PHOTOS (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

me-262-70_210.jpg

Actually, s'far as I know, this is one of those Czech Avia-built copies of which I can't remember the name at the moment... I believe it was S.007, or something of the sort...

I do believe I have seen a photo somewhere and probably have it in my archives somewhere of a Me-262 in Russian Markings. Can't remember seeing one in US markings though...

I do believe I have seen a photo somewhere and probably have it in my archives somewhere of a Me-262 in Russian Markings. Can't remember seeing one in US markings though...

Are you sure it was not just this in the picture below. The aircraft below is a Russian build Suchoi Su-9(K) and first flew in 1946 and was based off of the Me 262.

It is not a Me 262 however...

Attachments

• su-9k.JPG
    su-9k.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 1,651
because JG 7 and KG 51 were based at Prague-Rusin AF and at satellite fields, the Soviets had a wealth of captured crap to put to good use refitting the existing 262's with the fabricated junk from Soviet techs. note the front wheel is longated to include a dual offset front and taller tail for supposed more stability

friend, what is the a/c leading the two B-17's ??

According to the article all three of these are B-17's. I'm going to have too look around. Back when I was big into Japanese aircraft I remember an article stating that there where several B-17's captured that where of the E's and F's. But that hump on the bottom is throwing me off and the tail is doesn't look like a B-17. That picture came off my hard drive but I believe I have a clearer picture some where

It may very well be another b-17. Just something wrong with the picture. Take a look at the bottom of the B-17 in this photo. Hump is in about the same area. Still looking for a more clearer picture and the document I read about them.

Attachments

• B-17.jpg
    B-17.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 1,550
Couple of more captured aircraft.

Attachments

• Capture 1.JPG
    Capture 1.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 1,613
  • capture 2.bmp
    417.1 KB · Views: 1,512
  • Capture 3.JPG
    Capture 3.JPG
    21.3 KB · Views: 1,686
  • Capture 4.bmp
    319.5 KB · Views: 1,649
As best I can tell by zooming the pic that lead B-17 appears to be either a C or D model. Small tail (no dorsal fin), no tail gun position, a tub gun position and elliptical waist positions. The other two look to be E models. The big tail with the tail gun position and the open square waist positions with the stubby, reinforced glass nose. The full clear blown glass nose didn't show up until the F model and maybe some late E models (don't remember the exact timing off the top of my head).

Gary

Taking another look at the Fuji pic, the nose on the lead looks like Comiso's pic on the left which would be a C model. Comiso's pic on the right would be a D model with the short, reinforced glass nose and not the odd shaped original nose. If memory serves, the short glass nose started with the D model but retained the original small tail and the tub.

Gary

Some more captured a/c pics.

Attachments

• A6M5_TAIC.jpg
    A6M5_TAIC.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 1,605
  • Caproni Ca309 Ghibli.jpg
    Caproni Ca309 Ghibli.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 1,546
  • JSJ_Mistibushi_Zero.jpg
    JSJ_Mistibushi_Zero.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 1,532
  • JS_AA23_Zero.jpg
    JS_AA23_Zero.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 1,524
  • scan0006c.jpg
    scan0006c.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 1,531
  • Zero Captured RAAF Borneo 1.jpg
    Zero Captured RAAF Borneo 1.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 1,519
Still looking for the document I have on those captured B-17's. Cant seem to find it. :oops: Still looking. Along with the document or story is a picture of Japanese troops capturing the the B-17's. Still looking though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back