Cars of interest from other nations

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Messy1

Master Sergeant
Nov 21, 2007
Ankeny, Iowa
I was watching a episode of Wheeler Dealers last night, and this episode featured a British car I have never heard of. A Jensen Interceptor. Being a Mopar fan, I was excited to find out that it had a 440 big block in it. I was wondering if anyone had any first hand knowledge of this car such as performance, handling, acceleration etc., and also any suggestions for other cars that may not be so well known that we can share and talk about.
L-Jensen-Interceptor-4.jpg

A friend used to have one of these around 25 years ago, and it was probably 10 to 15 years old then. Jensen were a small firm who made virtually hand-built performance cars for the 'luxury' market, in an age when the average British 'spots car' was lucky if it had a 2 litre engine, with most being around the 1.6 litre mark.
The Interceptor was powerful, handled well, was very comfortable and nicely appointed inside, and, especially for its time, was a 'looker'.

Citroen SM is a very distinctive coupé.

sapphire346limo.jpg

what do you think of this one,from my stable of wedding cars that i run for a friend

its a Armstrong Siddeley Sapphire 346 limo 1955

Come on now gents please be noted you guys in the UK hadn't even figured out heaters in cars , it was akin to driving with the top down in the winter in a Brit car

Come on now gents please be noted you guys in the UK hadn't even figured out heaters in cars , it was akin to driving with the top down in the winter in a Brit car

Heaters were an extra in 1950's cars and even up to 1990 most were poor..
No asleep at the wheel here....
Hypothermia maybe :lol:

John

bob4251.jpg

another of my collection this one is one of my cars

daimler EL24 Charlesworth limo 1939,this car has won many prizes

The top of the line inteceptor was four wheel drive at first glance identical to the two wheel drive version but the dimensions are slightly different .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back