Cars that I'd.....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

hi guys
A little something WIP that peaks my interest.
About 1910 Benz Gaggenau fire engine.

I have a fairly new Buick sedan and I also have a 1990 Dodge Pick Up truck, all major components original, which I use for all the things one would use a PU and to tow my boat. It runs like new and I can work on it - the only thing I can do on the Buick is check the fluids and air the tires.

The car I have always dreamed about having is a Studebaker Avanti. BTW I saw an old Rambler Metropolitan the other day - I learned to drive on this car. If I remember correctly it was always having problems with the U-joint and drive shaft.

5302073751_2920530155_o-1_zpsa53c1124.jpg

Yes please! 8)

Last edited:
"Old pickup trucks don't merely recall a simpler America or a better America. They ARE America. Pickups reflect this country's essence in its purest and most concentrated form. An old truck is a novel by Faulkner, a drawing by Rockwell, a building by Wright. It is Spencer Tracy in Bad Day at Black Rock, Henry Fonda in The Grapes of Wrath, Gary Cooper in High Noon."

I have one on the history of Ford Pickups Jan.
FORD PICKUP
COLOR HISTORY
Ford Pickups and
Light-duty Trucks,
Rangers, F Series,
Rancheros, Broncos, Jeeps,
Econolines More 1905-0994
Text by Tom Brownell
Photography by Mike Mueller

Motorbooks International
Publishers Wholesalers

truck in water.jpg
My testimony to Ford truck toughness is shown in the pix. Take one ex-AF pilot, untrained in launching boats, one truck with poorly maintained brakes and non-working emergency brakes and you get said ex-pilot bailing out window. That's the top of 1973 Ford F250 camper special truck cab out in the inter-coastal canal. My dad had the truck pulled out, washed it down, replaced the fluids, replaced the electrical wiring and some other electrical equipment, and drove the truck for another ten years. Oh, by the way that is salt water. But, as the picture shows, I did launch the boat!

Alot of the American vehicles during those years looked similiar, which is not unusual as they've tended to mimic each other with body styling over the years. Hudson also looked alot like Dodge/Plymouth during those years, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back