CHEESE (with a little Wine and Beer thrown in)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Heirlooms don't suck if you grow them yourself - least the Brandywines that I grew last summer didn't (and it was a cool summer for tomatoes) :)

Engineering tomatoes to "travel well" is an oxymoron. :)

On a warm summer morning - nothing beats thick slices of beafsteak tomato with Greek feta, oregano, drizzled with olive oil salt pepper.

The Brandywines were great that way - plenty of flesh. They just matured too slowly :)

(What DID we do before the Spanish came to the Americas ???? No corn, tomatoes, potatoes, tobacco, chocolate etc. :))

MM

don't forget the grilled mushrooms soaked in garlic butter or BBQ zuccini Michaeli.

anyone ever try Gush ? a mix of herbs, onion, diced celery, several cheese's into a rather thick but editable paste, the wonder on baked potatoes or a good French onion crackers with the special glas of white wine and a fine looking woman at your side

Okay...so far tonight, I've had no tea.....and three of my specials (double measures of Sweet Vermouth, Dry Vermouth, Jack Daniels, Grand Marnier, and a dash of Angostura Bitters...all in the same large glass no less !!:twisted:), and half a bottle of a medium sweet Red from a local Winery (is that right ? )....and some Co-op Double Gloucester cheese.

Thought the cheese was pretty tasteless actually, much prefer a mature dontchya know !...however, my tongue lost all its senses at least an hour or two ago, so what do I know ?

I actually have a strong desire to get some New Zealand Cheddar, but I doubt any-one would be open this time of night !:evil:

Oh well, soon be time for another Barbie...Mmmmmmm...home made burgers stuffed with a cream cheese (Philly, cos I'm on a diet...yeah righty !), chicken breast stuffed with a full flavour cheese and wrapped in bacon, chunks of lamb / beef with beer poured over them during cooking (C*rslb*rg is pretty good for this !) sorry, getting carried away there for a bit. :D

Heirlooms don't suck if you grow them yourself - least the Brandywines that I grew last summer didn't (and it was a cool summer for tomatoes) :)

Engineering tomatoes to "travel well" is an oxymoron. :)

On a warm summer morning - nothing beats thick slices of beafsteak tomato with Greek feta, oregano, drizzled with olive oil salt pepper.

The Brandywines were great that way - plenty of flesh. They just matured too slowly :)

(What DID we do before the Spanish came to the Americas ???? No corn, tomatoes, potatoes, tobacco, chocolate etc. :))

MM

We ate opposum with a side of saw-grass.

Oh well, soon be time for another Barbie...Mmmmmmm...home made burgers stuffed with a cream cheese (Philly, cos I'm on a diet...yeah righty !), chicken breast stuffed with a full flavour cheese and wrapped in bacon, chunks of lamb / beef with beer poured over them during cooking (C*rslb*rg is pretty good for this !) sorry, getting carried away there for a bit. :D

That sounds really good. I'm not hungry right now but I'd go out and work up an appetite for that.

How do you keep the burger intact while you are cooking it with the cheese in the center? Other cheeses, not cream cheese, they would work on this one?

The lamb and beef, is it like a shiskebob or is it more of loose bunch of chunks in a pan? Do you let the beer boil off?

Hey...
What cheese is made backwards ?
What cheese would you use to get a bear down from a tree ?
What cheese would you hide a horse behind ?

Edam
Comeonbear
Maskapony

Yeah... I know...I'll get me coat....:rolleyes:

A few chunks of matured Tomme de Savoi, from the Savoi Region of the French Alps, with a nice bottle of Cote Du Rhone Villages.

Good call Airframes. Pretty much all Alps cheese there.

On the whole, do you think Italian Cheeses are better or French? Talking around the Alps, within 100 miles of them. I

I bought a Dutch Rembrandt just today. A little apple slice and I'm a happy man.

What are you gents paying for good cheese? I'm anywhere from $9.99 to $22.99 a pound. My Dutch Rembrandt was $14.99/lb

Oh and in the US you can't buy un-pasturized cheese that is aged less than 60-days. So one of my favorite cheeses is no longer available here... Norwegian Knokelost. It's a light buttery cheese, not unlike a more firm Havarti, but highly infused with whole caraway seeds. Just wonderful served over a dark rye bread spread with butter and an cold shot of Aaqavit liqour to wash it down.

Yep, all cheeses seem to be rising in price in the UK. Even an ordinary, mass-produced Cheddar is around £4 for about 250g or less. Oh, and Danish Havarti, I'd forgotten about that one! Yum yum!!

yesterday at work we paid £16 per kilo for cornish yarg cheese thats wrapped in nettle leaves :shock:
and just over £16 per kilo for quikes truckle chedder, which is about average for our suppliers as we dont really go in for anything to expensive as our customers are right tight ar**s :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back