Chemical plant at Moerdijk exploded

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Marcel, things are going to be really tough for a while but officials always down-play problem to prevent panic. anything spilt on the ground ends up in the water. drink and cook with bottled water or install a reverse osmosis unit. Showers, use tepid water to prevent your pores from opening. our entire community needs to push local politicians for answers
I've trid to find out about K 13-004 but get nothing besides its IUPAC Name: 2-[[4-[3-(4-tert-butylphenyl)-2-hydroxypropoxy]benzoyl]amino]acetic acid

acetic acid is quite correct. We could smell some acetone odor after the disaster. Report came that on the other side of the river they found high levels of dioxins in the soil. Word is that children are not allowed to play in the playgrounds until they are cleaned. They also measured too high levels of Pb, which means I'll have to throw the rhubarb away this year that is growing in my garden.
This is a map of the area with the places they are measuring. The high levels were measured at the circle. As you can see, they also measured near to my house.
graphic_moerdijk_1696761a.JPG

The state have accused the company Chempack for not having followed the rules. We'll see how it'll turn out.

Last edited:
Marcel, its going to be real tough for a while. like I said stay away from any locally grown stuff. If you're a gardener I'd replace the top 20 -30cm of soil before I'd eat anything locally grown. Milk and dairy products are another concern if they come from local herds as they generally do. With the fire, water, and firefighting chemical it's almost impossible to tell what chemical reactions took place and what chemical products resulted.
keep on local and national politicians for definitive answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back