Chino Airshow 2014

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Great shots Syscom and Greg!

How does one privately own an A-4? Didn't know they were for sale.

I bet those 3 P-47's with the P-38 sounded great on the flyby's.

DSC_0289.JPG

DSC_0259.JPG

DSC_0261.JPG

DSC_0268.JPG

DSC_0273.JPG

DSC_0277.JPG

DSC_0279.JPG

DSC_0281.JPG

DSC_0285.JPG

DSC_0286.JPG

DSC_0287.JPG

Been down for a week and half with a sick PC but am back now.

Hi Aaron, my ex-wife is from Sevierville, so I might get around to checking to see if I know him from way back.

About the A-4, the guy who owns it is the guy who restored it to flying status, It is for sale and if he can sell it, he'll do another one. Before you buy it, you might check on the average fuel burn for a 1 hour flight. If your bank account can't handle it, better pass on it ... it isn't exactly a "economy" model. This one a TA-4J and is in wonderfully pristine shape.

If anyone is interested, I can put you in touch with the owner, but please, only serious inquiries with intent to buy if the condition checks out acceptably, and it will. It is currently in better than new condition cosmetically, and the there is plenty of airframe life left.

Last edited:
Great shots!

I was out where the trams were loading and unloading and had NO chance to take airborne pics. If I'm still here next year, maybe I'll take a year off from helping and become a spectator so I CAN take some good pics. Then again, I'll probably just go head and help since that's what we volunteer for ... to help the Museum.

Restoration is fun, but the airshow makes enough money to make it one of the more important events we have.

Next time I'm there, I'll get pics of the Pilatus P-2 up close.

Nice shots of the Heritage Flight!

Unfortunately in past years that was the last act ... and many people thought it was over and departed even though there were still 1.5 hours of airshow left to fly!

Nice shots of the Heritage Flight!

Unfortunately in past years that was the last act ... and many people thought it was over and departed even though there were still 1.5 hours of airshow left to fly!

Not many people are interested in the aerobatics. The three F86's flight attracted a lot of attention for those that remained.

Maybe we'll see a three-Tigercat version of the Horsemen next year!

I really enjoyed the time they flew two P-51s and a P-38.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc94Tj7SP8o

At the time, the P-38's left engine hadn't been broken-in yet and since Steve ran it up over 50" MAP, we had to change the main bearings when the oil pressure dropped by 10 pounds at idle ... still in spec but ... the clearance had opened by 1.5 thousandths of an inch and caused the oil pressure drop. No issues since then after a proper break-in, and the bearings we removed have been replated and are ready to be fitted to a new baby Allison anytime.

Regardless of the consequences, the show must go on!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back