Chino This Weekend

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

GregP

Major
Jul 28, 2003
Chino, California, U.S.A.
I am a volunteer at the Planes of Fame Museum at Chino every Saturday. Yesterday, we saw a neat event. On the field we have two very nice museums, Planes of Fame and Yanks Air museum. The owner of Yabnks bought a Lockheed EC-121 Constellation and it flew in this Saturday. It came over from Camarillo, California, made a low pass down the runway, and cricled once for a textbook smooth landing. We takied off the active runway and held in place for about 5 minutes, completing his after-landing checklists, and taxied in toward Yanks.

It was painted in the US Air Force gray paint scheme and sounded very nice. It was quite photogenic and I may get some hi res pics from a friend who had a professional-type camera out there for the event.

If so, I'll post one or two. Neat thing to see, and not an everyday observation.

Last edited:
Powerful, fast, and beautiful. A tough combination to beat, huh? Many of Kelly Johnson's other designs were, too. P-38, P-80, U-2, SR-71 ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back