Clemens Schmoll, 6/JG301, Fw 190D-9 Red 13, Wnr. 210913 - Me/ Fw Group Build.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Does it matter how you place etch parts PE30, what are they?

DSCF0001-159.jpg

Leavers Jan, usually pull or twist, and it's up to you if you want to place them, there fiddly bast@rds to play with but with a blob of red or yellow on them, they look good.

Cheers fellas...! Gonna try to fit them just before I attach that part to the rest of the cockpit, to be safe. :oops: :lol:

The PE 30 parts are the emergency releases and handles Jan. See attached drawing and photos (D-9 instrument panels)

Note that the lower one is in the wrong place on the instructions - it's the manual undercarriage lowering handle (item 15 on dwg)
The other two are nos.17 and 18 on the drawing, though there is a 19 which is absent on photos - I suspect no.18 worked both functions.

Descriptions:
15. Manual undercarriage lower handle
17. Emergency pull for peak engine power
18. Emergency release for wing ordinance
19. Emergency release for fueslage load.

STA52185.JPG
STA52186.JPG
STA52187.JPG
STA52188.JPG

Aye, but it would have been enough with just: du ar valkommen kompis, or det var sa lite sa.... :D Thanks again mate! :thumbright:

DSCF0001-164.jpg

Some bl**dy fiddly bits that etch! :lol:

DSCF0007-82.jpg

Almost done the cockpit, only a few bits to add....

DSCF0008-77.jpg

Needed to top up on the red....

DSCF0009-76.jpg

Added another wee piece of plastic...!

DSCF0010-63.jpg

Just noticed that I forgot something....(foul language!)...! :lol:

DSCF0011-71.jpg

As I was tooling around, I remembered seeing somewhere, that you need to work on these....

DSCF0012-61.jpg

...to make them fit and the fuselage come together properly.

DSCF0013-57.jpg

So, I sanded the bottom of these thinner....

DSCF0014-52.jpg

Don't really agree with Eduard here, cutters are too thick to be able to cut them loose, a few sweaty seconds using the knife...

DSCF0015-43.jpg

Thinned out and attached....

DSCF0016-36.jpg

These also need to be enlarged slightly...

DSCF0019-36.jpg

As you can see, still a snug fit!

Nice work Jan!

I have colour photos of Bauart KG 13B control column with grip and base (ie, ekectrical connection point) in black, though the cockpit pics I posted earlier show a lighter grip section (dark aluminium?) with black base (have a photo of KG 13A in these colours).
Can post pics tomorrow when camery batteries charged if interested.

(nice work on the releases btw!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back