Concerts you have attended? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just went to see CLUTCH play at The Soul Kitchen in Mobile last night.... What a freakin great show... Best show Ive seen in the last bunch of years.... There was like 200 people there and we were standing/headbanging/moshing about 8 feet away from the band.... The sound was spot on, the beers were cold, and my son decked this skinhead right in the center of the Pit...

What an excellent show and night...

I did however get home at 2 am, and that damn freakin alarm clock scared the sh!t outta me at 4:45am...

damn, i'm a loser here's mine
Adema
molly hatchet(ft. hood 1997 or '98)
collective soul
big rich
tim mcgraw

Well I figured I would update my list now that I have seen some bands this year.

Metallica (9x since 1989)
Megadeth (x2)
Pantera
Guns N Roses
Iron Maiden (2x)
Korn (3x)
The Rolling Stones
Godsmack (2x)
Ozzy Osbourne
Black Sabbath
Trivium
CCR (Creedence Clearwater Revisited)
Bush
Marilyn Manson (x2)
Type O Negative (x2)
AC/DC
Kiss
Aerosmith
Bryan Adams
Sepeltura
Monster Magnet
Powerman 5000
Jewel
Backyard Babies
Iced Earth
Pearl Jam
Alice in Chains
Train
Bob Dylan
Faith No More
POD (x2)
Great White
Twisted Sister
Poison
Slayer (x2)
Kittie
Drain STH
Alice Cooper
HIM
Papa Roach
Murderdolls
Lacuna Coil (x2)
Deep Purple
Santana (x2)
Chroming Rose
Bon Jovi
NOFX
Guano Apes
Slipknot
Apocolyptica
Green Day
Eric Clapton
BB King
Allanis Morrisette (uggh that was terrible, but she was at a festival I was at)
Skunk Anansie
Heather Nova
Sting
Die Totenhosen
Rammstein
Rage Against The Machine
Oasis
Deftones
Limp Bizkit (terrible as well but at a festival that I was at)
Kid Rock
Radiohead
3 Doors Down
Linkin Park
Tool (x2)
Lenny Kravitz
Neil Young
System of A Down
Disturbed
Queens of the Stone Age
Zwan
Judas Priest
Motorhead
Nickelback
Puddle of Mudd
In Flames
Anthrax
REM
Billy Idol
Mudvayne
Motley Crue
Bullet For My Valentine
Opeth
Soulfly
Stone Sour (x2)
Avenged Sevenfold
Def Leppard
Van Halen (well if you can call it that, it was with Gary Cherone at vocals)
Fear Factory
Velvet Revolver (x2)
Meschuggah
The Cure
Rob Zombie
The Black Crows
The Goo Goo Dolls
Ted Nugent
Sevendust
Soil
Alterbridge
The Darkness
Eighteen Visions
Live
Drowning Pool (with original singer a few weeks before he died, RIP)
Cradle of Filth
Hinder
As I lay Dying
Chimaira
Dragonforce
Billy Talent
Linkin Park
My Chemical Romance
Evanescence
The White Stripes (while waiting for Evanescence)
The Smashing Pumpkins
Lamb of God
From Autumn to Ashes
Killswitch Engage
Machine Head

No I saw Drowning Pool back in 2002 with the original singer.

I did see Puddle of Mudd in Iraq though. Infact I flew them to our camp where they did a concert for us.

Engage Boast Mode: I went to see the 47th live band this year at lunchtime today... tee hee. But they were only an amateur band not bad but two Bon Jovi tracks in one set is three too much for me. My kids went to that Muse megashow at the new Wembley Stadium last night.... 'Who needs drugs when you've got Muse?' was my son's quote. It was his tenth time since I took him in 01 for a birthday present.

The last 'proper' rock band we saw was The Wildhearts - my fourth time. Amazing.

Engage Boast Mode: I went to see the 47th live band this year at lunchtime today... tee hee. But they were only an amateur band not bad but two Bon Jovi tracks in one set is three too much for me. My kids went to that Muse megashow at the new Wembley Stadium last night.... 'Who needs drugs when you've got Muse?' was my son's quote. It was his tenth time since I took him in 01 for a birthday present.

The last 'proper' rock band we saw was The Wildhearts - my fourth time. Amazing.

47 amateur bands dont count. The 121 bands you see up on my list may not all be from this year alone but they are all big famous bands.... tee hee.

And many of those bands I have seen multiple times as stated by the (x9) or (x2).... tee hee.

Sorry I had too :lol:

They are not all 'amateur' bands... but you are right it is quality not quantity. But my personal taste would mean I would not bother with many of your bands... I like heavy rock (I have even seen Clutch so I am in Les' good books) but modern metal leaves me cold. For ex my mate asked me to go see Dragonforce but one look at them on YT and I was laughing my head off. If the guy up front can't or won't sing properly then I am out of here.

Bands I have seen this past year include:
The Hamsters, Muse, Hanoi Rocks, Wilko Johnson, Walter Trout, Supersuckers, Aynsley Lister, Dirty Rig, Six Nation State, Pigeon Detectives, Wildhearts, ToMera... probably never heard of most of these...

BTW how do you afford to buy so many tickets? Going to big gigs is hardly cheap.

Boaster. Or is the Boatster?

I too can't fathom how you guys afford the lifestyle. But then again, perhaps its my lifestyle... tix, booze, eats, booze, booze, snacks, booze, day off work...

They are not all 'amateur' bands... but you are right it is quality not quantity. But my personal taste would mean I would not bother with many of your bands... I like heavy rock (I have even seen Clutch so I am in Les' good books) but modern metal leaves me cold. For ex my mate asked me to go see Dragonforce but one look at them on YT and I was laughing my head off. If the guy up front can't or won't sing properly then I am out of here.

Dragonforce is awesome man! The guy has Bruce Dickinson style vocals and the guitarists are truely amazing.

Actually most of my list is older Metal Bands....

Royzee617 said:
I have seen this past year include:
The Hamsters, Muse, Hanoi Rocks, Wilko Johnson, Walter Trout, Supersuckers, Aynsley Lister, Dirty Rig, Six Nation State, Pigeon Detectives, Wildhearts, ToMera... probably never heard of most of these..

Heard of Muse (dont like them), Hanoi Rocks (dont like them), Wildhearts (dont like them)

Royzee617 said:
BTW how do you afford to buy so many tickets? Going to big gigs is hardly cheap.

Never had a problem putting out 30 to 50 dollars for a show. The festivals I go to cost about 120 dollars a festival but I only go to 1 or 2 of those a year. Dont know never had a problem.

All those bands I have seen though were over the last 18 years so it is not like I go to hundreds of them a year.

I used to do about 3 to 4 shows a month. Now I only go to about 2 or 3 a year.

off the top of my head in sort of order but not exact:

Ratt
Ozzy Osbourne
Los Lobos
UB40
Mojo Nixon
Eek-a-mouse
Patty Loveless
Jodie Messina
Terri Clark
Dwight Yoakam
David Ball
Chris Ledoux
Leanne Rymes
Mark Chessnut
Don Edwards
Red Stegall
David Wilke
R.W. Hampton
Hillsong London
The Prodigals (The best show out all of them, hands down)

I don't get out much to bigger concerts much, prefering smaller more unknown bands in taverns, but here's the bigger names I have seen and most of these I saw while at fairs and Rodeos which is why th list is so scattered.
Art

Here is a place to post who you have seen live. What was your favorite. Also you can post concert reviews here of shows that you have recently seen.

Here is a list of bands that I have seen.

Metallica (9x since 1989)
Megadeth
Pantera
Guns N Roses
Iron Maiden (2x)
Korn (2x)
The Rolling Stones
Godsmack (2x)
Ozzy Osbourne
Black Sabbath
Trivium
CCR (Creedence Clearwater Revisited)
Bush
Marilyn Manson
Type O Negative
AC/DC
Kiss
Aerosmith
Bryan Adams
Sepeltura
Monster Magnet
Powerman 5000
Jewel
Backyard Babies
Iced Earth
Pearl Jam
Alice in Chains
Train
Bob Dylan
Faith No More
POD
Great White
Twisted Sister
Poison
Slayer
Kittie
Drain STH
Alice Cooper
HIM
Papa Roach
Murderdolls
Lacuna Coil
Deep Purple
Santana
Chroming Rose
Bon Jovi
NOFX
Guano Apes
Slipknot
Apocolyptica
Green Day
Eric Clapton
BB King
Allanis Morrisette (uggh that was terrible, but she was at a festival I was at)
Skunk Anansie
Heather Nova
Sting
Die Totenhosen
Rammstein
Rage Against The Machine
Oasis
Deftones
Limp Bizkit (terrible as well but at a festival that I was at)
Kid Rock
Radiohead
3 Doors Down
Linkin Park
Tool
Lenny Kravitz
Neil Young
System of A Down
Disturbed
Queens of the Stone Age
Zwan
Judas Priest
Motorhead
Nickelback
Puddle of Mudd
In Flames
Anthrax
REM
Billy Idol
Mudvayne
Motley Crue
Bullet For My Valentine
Opeth
Soulfly
Stone Sour
Avenged Sevenfold
Def Leppard
Van Halen (well if you can call it that, it was with Gary Cherone at vocals)
Fear Factory
Velvet Revolver
Meschuggah

Out of these (and I am sure I forgetting to put some of them down) the best shows that I have seen were:

1. Metallica (any of the 9 times)
2. Guns N Roses
3. Iron Maiden
4. Aerosmith
5. AC/DC
6. Kiss
7. Tool
8. Green DAy
9. Alice Cooper
10. Godsmack

Honorable Mention - Korn, Motley Crue, Slipknot, Stone Sour, Lacuna Coil, In Flames, Puddle of Mudd (because it was in Iraq), Alice in Chains, Megadeth, Marilyn Manson, Def Leppard, Velvet Revolver and Bon Jovi.

THATS IS SOOOOOO AWSOME. i wish i had seen twice the talent

Users who are viewing this thread

Back