Consolidated B-24D LIBERATOR; 1/48 Revell

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hey, champions guys. :mrgreen:

Having everything ready to join the bubble with the plane ... :-&... I loosened the lower machine gun (# 3) accidentally with "my finger" ...](*,) so I had to remove the piece again, clean the bubble area perfectly and do the same with the machine gun (to remove all the residue of the adhesives). 8-[

... And re-do the task of uniting ...

402.jpg

I show you my new & expensive tools I used to apply the CA and MKK :dodgy:

403.jpg

I opted to reinforce MMK to all machine guns and even extended the application up part of the smithery near the machine guns

404.jpg

I was studying and testing the stormy union and I realized that machine gun # 3 made a little pressure underneath the table of the Bomb aimer's position #-o(minimum pressure, but enough so that it did not properly embague the whole piece); So I had to do a bit of pressure with the blue tape from the bottom. And It was very well in position; ... to be able to join the pieces with MKK, I placed a toothpick to give distance ...

405.jpg
406.jpg

... and the mission was achieved !! \\:D/ ... almost...

407.jpg
408.jpg
409.jpg

I'll let the union dry out as long as possible to deal with that big gap that exists at the bottom ...

410.jpg

... and the continuation of this will be on the next occasion.

A greeting and hug from here to their different and varied places of residence :thumbup:

Saludos

I could not spend as much time as I wanted in my Lib, however I feel that doing the best possible thing, it will be worth it ...
Part of the truth? ...,:killerheadache: ...I had to repeat the process twice because at the first time the bubble was a little shattered to one side ](*,) and was really noticeable that minimum distance ... the second time when removing the surplus of MKK and the plastic putty of Vallejo with fine sandpaper and a bit of water, I moistened more, causing part of the bubble to come off.. :-k

... the challenging gap!

411.jpg

With two hands of MKK were enough to make it acceptable...

412.jpg

Now in my third attempt, after having the gap resolved, I have reused the PP of Vallejo.
The applicators on the right are homemade, from a credit card to which I gave different forms and with sandpaper smoothed the ends. (I have been useful to apply different classes putties in different areas)

413.jpg
414.jpg

With double care and wetting the sandpaper in the least, softened the joint. But I decided to remove most of the tape that covers the windows, they hurt a little and I prefer to put them back again ...

415.jpg
416.jpg

... but I decided to do it by brush and with Micro Mask, taking advantage of the transparent piece has well defined window frames. I will do the same with the machine gun #4 window and the one nearby.

At this point I made a first application, I will give enough time to dry the MM perfectly, and then make a second application.

I'll tell you the results in an upcoming post. [-o<

Saludos y hasta pronto!! :thumbup:

Last edited:
Much frustration by the looks of it Luis but you are taming the beast. Muy bien hecho mi amigo

Looks like you've got it sorted Luis - good work.

Así es esto mis queridos amigos, ...sometimes I feel a certain pain, for how long this process has been done. I would like to start with other not-so-sophisticated projects, but if I do not have the time to finish this one, I do not want to slow it down and slow down the others.
From what I'm sure (as I mentioned above), I'm going to do a P51 and a Corsar in full flight simultaneously. But first I will finish this monster !! :zombiesmile:

Saludos :thumbup:

Muchas gracias Andy, John, Wojtek and Robert; for yours kind words.
I see that the second application of the MM was well; I will give a new revised and cleaned to the whole structure and pieces to which I will apply the "Primer" ...

Saludos mis amigos :thumbup:

A question to knowledgeable friends: :idea::?:

417.jpg

These antennas or pitot on the outside of the cabin, I seem to distinguish in some original photos that the tip is flat and possibly have holes (like the tip of an rifle), however in this photo are pointed tips.
Do you know what those tips are like?

Thanks in advance. :thumbup:
Luis Carlos

Thank you friends, for your answers, pics and additional information, which always enriches the knowledge about these aircraft.
I hope I was in the right subforum to also raise my question here exposed.

:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back