Consolidated B-24D LIBERATOR; 1/48 Revell

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Son muy amables Andy, Wayne & Kirby, gracias por sus alhagos. :lol:

So this is it and you're right K., I'm already anxious to start painting !! \\:D/, ...but ... [-X... I have several details to fix and this level of progress and insanity for detail; I can not ruin it now !. =;
I am again gathering patience and tolerance ...[-o<

Gracias por todas sus visitas!! :thumbup:

Hello again young artists of static modeling and aviation. :mumum:

A bit of putty, sanding and polishing of just some pieces that needed it.

440.jpg

There was a section about 10 cms at the junction of the fuselage, in which it opened; ... so practicing Terry's advice on another thread, I took out my dusty glue tubes, to test them.
I decided on Humbrol (I have 2 new tubes that I have never used). The others from Testors, I just corroborated that they are still useful.
And after drying, I gave a pass with Mr.Surfacer 1200.

441.jpg
442.jpg

I let it dry all night. :sleeping:

The next night I began to sand with # 400, 500 and 600 with small circular movements and I liked the result.
It was when I then saw that in several sections there were slight marks of mastic that were not totally smooth. :thebigsqueeze:
(Hardly distinguishable well in the photo - between the upper turret and the second round plate -)

443.jpg

... and once I found myself working on it, ... I followed to work on everything I found with those details. :dontknow:

This technique I saw in a video of YouTube and the way of attacking with the different sandpapers these joints, gave me a good result ... and were several hours of entertainment ...

:thumbup:

Gracias Robert, ...! 8-[

... :smilecolros:
444.jpg
445.jpg
446.jpg

When applying the primer again, I can see how well I did.

I worked the best I could in the joint of the bubble ...

447.jpg
448.jpg
449.jpg
450.jpg

A panoramic view of the area ...!

451.jpg

Tomorrow I will apply the primer
to everything worked, ... review the results, and if all goes well, I will polish all the parts and unpacking my airbrush, ... I will do the lines of the panels, then start with the blue of the bottom of the Wings, stabilizers and fuselage. :whipitgood:

Suggestions and recommendations are always welcome.

Cheers filled with good vibes :thumbup:
Luis Carlos

Last edited:
Gracias amigos míos!
A little suffering because my airbrush does not help ... I had to give a deep cleaning and change some pieces of others that I have the same type (they are economic airbrushes), ...
I ended up cleaning all three!
I was able to start with the bottom and pump gates. (Panels Lines)
One time I share more advances.

Saludos :thumbup::thumbup:

Can't wait to see the paint work on the big bomber. I'm starting to enjoy puttying. It feels good when you put primer on a fixed seam and it disappears as the primer is sprayed on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back