Consolidated B-24D LIBERATOR; 1/48 Revell

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Little by little. ;)
I also went back 5 years ago and little by little I have been buying from the infinite variety of things you can find for this hobby.
You want to have everything! :crazyeyes:

Saludos, :thumbup:

Sancer, if I may, how difficult did you find it making a transition from oil based paints to acrylics? I am only familiar with oils (the old Testor oils at that) but am seeing a larger world of possibilities with acrylics. I tried the acrylics back in the late 80's when they were new on the US market and found them sorely lacking in adhesion and durability. Also, I found they ran much faster and I would get severe runs and had a hard time gauging how much to load my brush with. That said, I understand they have come a long way. I still paint in the old way, but am currently reading up on how to use an Air Brush Gun and once I have done my study, plan to purchase one.

I wonder if having a section where aircraft are painted with brushes and rattle cans vs. Air Brush Guns is appropriate? It seems you can never get as good a result doing it the old way, but it takes a lot of skill to make them look even "pretty good" by today's standards doing it the old way. It might bring some people that are intimidated by the results they see with the guns back into the fold. This of course is just an off-hand thought I am pondering.

I wish I still had some of the models I made as a boy. Unfortunately I had a bad habit of getting bored with them after awhile and hanging them up in trees and shooting them with BB-Guns, or blowing them up, etc. The rest were given away or broken/lost during moves in adult life.

Last edited:
I agree with you; before resuming the hobby, I only knew about enamel paints (Revell and Testors), brushes and tube glues.
I also had to read and document myself to update my dusty youth methods. I started with cans of paint, until I could buy my compressor and airbrush (currently I only have 3 cheap airbrushes) and in my case, the acrylic paints are the ones that I have settled for work.
But it is a matter of likes and preferences.
You can see in this section of modeling, that there are sub-forums with specific topics, questions, tutorials and information, where you can know the news and freely ask any question or suggestion. There will always be more than one colleague who will gladly support you.
This is a great place where you will learn and enjoy a lot.
You have entered a formidable forum of aircraft and modeling and I hope that just like me, you enjoy it.

Best regards. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back