Consolidated B-24D LIBERATOR; 1/48 Revell

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The Liberator looks great Luis! Nice save on the broken shelf! But even with the longer screws, it still makes me nervous to look at that shelf above your desk!

If I had a cat that trashed models, it would very soon be a 'was' cat !
I'm fortunate that, living alone, and with no pets (apart from the few spiders who control the 'No Go Zone' beneath my bench !), I don't have to worry about damage, especially as most of my models are in glass-fronted cabinets.
The frequent attacks by the 127th Heavy Dust Battalion however, are another story - dust has been training in Special Forces techniques, and can now stealthily penetrate the cabinets, attacking the models by night !

That famous 127th battalion has worldwide coverage !!
The Mona has excellent health and my incident with the cockpit was my carelessness and fell to the ground ... and in the whole house, ... that is her territory !!
Greetings Terry :salute:

The Liberator looks great Luis! Nice save on the broken shelf! But even with the longer screws, it still makes me nervous to look at that shelf above your desk!

It's a valid comment John, but with reinforced holes and stronger screws, I took almost half of the weight it had. :mrgreen:
Here the mistake was to support me as if it were in a high bar in the canteen :occasion5:.
I already learned: I DO NOT SHOULD SUPPORT ME IN MY SHELVES !! :!:

Going back to what is becoming a tutorial to solve "inconveniences, oversights and accidents" in modeling, ... this is a new chapter:

WHEN THE CLAMPS WITH WHICH YOU SUBJECT YOUR PARTS TO JOIN WITH GLUE, DAMAGE THE DETAIL OF THE PARTS ...

715.jpg

716.jpg
715A.jpg

I begin to work on this, ... and I will have the development of this new topic.

And now ... the practice and improve the skills CONTINUES !! #-o

Saludos :thumbup:

Last edited:
YES, IT SEEMS !!, but I will not let her win !!
Anyway, I'll end up with her someday. [-o<

Jajaja ...:tongue4: ...:thumbup:

Continuing with the struggle between The Squaw and me ( :blackeye: ), ... first with a file, I softened the area to identify what I should replace of the frame of the green light recognition.

717.jpg

With Tamiya putty basic type I rebuilt the affected piece and filled the part of the rail; with a mini spatula I made the circular detail of the focus and the frame (a little more than necessary of volume, to reduce it later).

718.jpg
719.jpg

... after drying more than 24 hrs., with the file I leveled the thickness and with sandpaper I left the area ready to replace the lost painting.

721.jpg

With the drill I prolonged the hole marked in the bases of the marker beacon antenna ...
4mm. was the measure that I calculated for the height of the posts and with AC were fixed in place.

722.jpg
723.jpg
724.jpg
725.jpg
726.jpg

Now I can continue washing the entire bottom of the fuselage.
(The MBA cable, it will be placed to the end along with all the others) :mrgreen:

I think now if I'm going to attach the wings to the fuselage definitively, so that the washes and weathering of the upper part of the Lib, are as homogeneous as possible. What do you think? :-k

Also I could see that one of the legs of the landing gear was fixed, but a little inclined !! ... :idea: if anyone of you has an idea how to correct it :idea:, ... I'm all ears.

Gracias, saludos y hasta pronto!! :thumbup:

Good stuff L-C. I would agree that attaching the wings before weathering makes sense. As to the landing gear I'm not sure it's worth the risk of breaking the part to correct it though it is not difficult to repair by drilling holes in the broken faces, gluing in a metal pin and then mating the parts with CA.

Thanks Andy, as always for your support. I will wait to have the two Wings attached, to see which is the best choice. Which your suggest, I have done several times ... almost am expert. :mrgreen:
Already joined a wing, later or tomorrow I adhere the other.

Yesterday I left the right wing mounted in its place. :sleeping:

727.jpg

728.jpg

Very early today, I had the urge to stick the left wing !! I already wanted to see those wings definitely assembled !! :multi:

729.jpg

730.jpg

It's huge!! :happy2:

(... do you know what color is that piece that is at the front of the ladder ?, in the color of the interior, or metallic. It seems that I distinguish a hydraulic mechanism, as if it were a shock absorber ...)

731.jpg

732.jpg

It really is very motivating to see this beautiful monster come true !! 8-[

On the weekend I start to work on the weathering of the top, attend to the details that arise and place the small pieces from the outside. To give a layer of matt lacquer, work on all exterior lights of the B-24 (post # 619 on page 31 - thanks W-), remove the masking of the front bubble, mount the top turret, the bubble in front of the windshield, fix all the machine guns, the cables of all the antennas ... Uff !!
We've really done a good job :wav:... and we can already see the light at the end of the tunnel. \\:D/

Seguimos en contacto amigos del foro!! :thumbup:
Luis Carlos

:thumbright:

LC, if you meant the retracting tail bumper or skid it seems to be painted of the underside colour outside, inside it could be either of the interior green ( yellow zinc chromate ) or natural grey, The absorber seems to be of silver at the bottom part and the grey or YZC for the top one .

B-24 retracted tail bumper.jpg

B24_skid.png

Last edited:
Field in sight! On final approach! This one is almost home safe after quite a rough flight in spots!

It has been a long flight and with pleasant complications, but it has a first class crew and we have all been successful.
Un abrazo Robert

:thumbright:

LC, if you meant the retracting tail bumper or skid it seems to be painted of the underside colour outside, inside it could be either of the interior green ( yellow zinc chromate ) or natural grey, The absorber seems to be of silver at the bottom part and the grey or YZC for the top one .

Breathtaking images that you get Wojtek, in an opportunity I give it colorful.
I liked that the steps of the staircase are striped in yellow and black, ... could this way have this airplane of the 40's and almost 50's ??

Holy Shit this B-24 project is looking really fantastic !!!!

All in all, a very complete work of information, characteristics and history of this great bomber and in particular of "The Squaw", besides formidable tips and techniques of modeling shared by great modellers and connoisseurs of this forum.
Mi estimado amigo Brian, gracias por el comentario.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back